SITE REVIEW: ClubFeet.net Re-Design

• onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey

about 5-6 Years ago, when I started learning to develop Websites, I created ClubFeet.net

It started as a test site to learn skills and now gets over 10,000 unique hits a month.

Due to this I felt a re-code and new features was well over due.

Also due to high volume of traffic, I would like peoples reviews on the website.
The website is still in BETA stages, I have a few little tweeks to battle with but I would like your opinions and bugs (if any) before I add this.

the Current version of the site is under a lot of Spam Attacks and I am aiming to get a working version of BETA live ASAP and add extra features such as Pagination on images and Allowing users to add comments at a later stage.

URL: http://beta.clubfeet.net
Username: ozzu
Password: sitereview

Normally images will be moderated before going live, but I am trusting you (Probs a mistake) so you can see the affect.

Note: All Databases have been backed up and a re-store of the original data and website will be uploaded before switching live, so please feel free to register and piss about, you WILL be removed after
  • freemegabytes
  • freemegabytes

Post 3+ Months Ago

it very nice it could be more attractive with the use of css style sheet
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas
  • Loc: AFK

Post 3+ Months Ago

onlyican.com wrote:
the Current version of the site is under a lot of Spam Attacks and I am aiming to get a working version of BETA live ASAP and add extra features such as Pagination on images and Allowing users to add comments at a later stage.

Hey, if you get that pagination on images done, send me a PM. It's what I'm working on now and I'm kinda in a rut. (mostly due to lack of motivation).

I tend to like sites with less clutter, but your BETA version just seems empty. There is a lot of empty space and makes the whole site kinda bright.

I don't know if I like the logo with the big hairy leg. I don't have suggestions as to what else you could use as a logo though. If I think of something, I'll edit this post.

Also, on one of your headings... should it say "What (ARE) club feet?" I'm not quite sure.

Other than that, your markup looks good. Can't wait to see what else you do with the site! Good luck.
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your feedback.

1) HEading should be "What Are Club Feet"
Club Feet is the english term for the medical disability "Congenital Talipes Equinovarus"

Thus the correct grammar would is "IS".
Thanks for spotting this tho.

Re Design: I have had published on my home page stating a site-redesign is coming up and asking people of features they may like, if they want a re-design or keep the current one.
Surprisingly a lot of feedback said dont change the design.

The foot on the left is actually my own foot. That is what Club Foot can look like, hence people liking this.

The Website itself is aimed to be an informative website about the disability, aimed at the market of parents with children who have or are due to have a child with Club Feet. Thus they would like the Clean look and the information with ease of reading it.

Finally, regarding the Pagination of images, it would be the same as any pagination from the database. It would be hard to plug into your code as I am working in OOP and would only plug into OOP based code, sorry, but I will be more than happy to give suggestions / advice

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers