SITE REVIEW: Collective design

• sly1340
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: not available

Post 3+ Months Ago

we got a snowday on wednesday and i decided to make a sight were i can put all my stuff like links and resources known as a collective, the layout was custom made so thats what i really want comments on
http://free.hostultra.com/~mikescollective
or
http://www.freewebs.com/mikescollective
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok well this is intersting very small plain and yeah. i mean i cna see that so far that is how much you hacve done so yeah wen it is finsihed show us.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

SO far so god. I like it. We need more :)
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I hope thats not the final version of your site because I had to refresh a few times to see if something wasnt loading correctly. But no, apparently your site is just 2 small boxes. Interesting... The font you use for sly1340 doesnt fit, its not clear, looks like fly1340. If you're looking for comments on your layout, I'll get back to you when I actually figure out what your layout is. :scratchhead: .
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

There isn't really anything to review yet. Although, I clicked on the link to your old site, and I must say, I love your ASCII art. Very nice. But your new site is mising three essentials: it has no structure, no navigation, and no content.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice design so far. as everybody has pointed out, theres nothing much to review yet.

good luck!
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you added one more pixel in height you could get rid of the scroller... :)
  • sly1340
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

its not really supposed to be that big, like i said its a collective, not a major site like this, just some place to go if you need something or are bored, ill set up the navigation soon, sorry about how slow it loads, im not sure if thats the server or the image size, ill fix the text, i wasnt really looking to see if you liked what the site had to offer, just the layout, which i know is pretty basic, and the color scheme, thanks
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

to be blunt and honest, I pretty much hate it. The boxes on my monitor are tiny... and I thought like 100 times that I must be missing something. So, I don't really have much in the way of a suggestion except a complete overhaul. I'm really sorry, I'm not trying to be mean but, :? that's really my feeling.
  • sly1340
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

darkermoon wrote:
The boxes on my monitor are tiny

Quote:
your site is just 2 small boxes.

if it came up with two boxes it is probably not loading the same way as it is on mine, maybe it is, it should be just one long rectangle with a border, could you please post a screen shot of what it looks like on your computer, ill design a new layout if everyone continues to think its horrible or it isnt loading correctly, for now im going to get a navigation on there and upload some stuff, thanks
  • sly1340
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

screen shots, anyone :( , i just want to see if it doesnt work for some browsers, thanks
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this is what he was talking about.
  • sly1340
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

k thats how it should be, anyway im going to redo the layout, completely, thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers