• dispector

Post 3+ Months Ago

link
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like the 'intro' page. It's just an extra click needed by your visitors, and it really doesn't serve any purpose that couldn't just as easily be accomplished by an 'about' page.

None of the content is up there yet..., but 'the band'/music/story images look pretty good!
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

first off, the 3-color buttons are my favorite part... real classy and subdued... but still pretty vibrant...

now, the music player is well done and works...
once again, it's nothing too flashy, but it is subtle and elegant and easy to understand, so that's lovely imho
one thing about it is that the fast forward loops back around
(i.e., 1>2>1>2...)
but the back button doesn't (2>1>1>1>1)...

outside of that, there's a player in the frame at the bottom of the browser (in both IE and FF) and they both play, which causes some discordant stuff, not to mention that it's confusing. where you decide to keep it... it's up to you, there's pros and cons of each position - but don't keep both of 'em...

now, the design... like i said, i love the three navigation buttons...

i think you should stick to similar colors for everything - it'll help you brand the site...
so you've got the grey, orange and yellow stripes on the left
but the buttons are green yellow and red...

i think it'd be more coherent to stick to one or the other... or to tie them in with one another, but right now it looks like two seperate ideas to me...

finally, the logo... do y'all have a logo? i don't really like the text up at the top... i don't really like the fade on it and it looks really plain... most of the rest of the site has a real modern look with the fonts all kerned together and everything (such as where it says 'bandnews')...

i'd say go for that, 'cos it's looking good... but...
yeah... have something more clean for the band name...
maybe the same font as everything else and the letters all lower-case like the rest of the site... maybe featuring whatever three...

oh, whatever, i'm rambling... i just think the band name needs to be one of the most appealing things on the site... and it's not...

but yo, bottom line is that it's coming along... can't wait to see it when it's done.

it's great when you're straight, yeah...
  • dispector
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • dispector

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks everyone
  • t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, first of all, roarmeow may have covered some of what I'm about to say.

1.The opening page of your website is a little confusing although it has all the functionality. You could add more links inside the page instead of making your visitors click on the image to get inside. It took me a bit longer to figure out what I was doing then it should have. By adding text links and picture links you give the user more options and take away a little of the confusion.

2. After entering the website I found alot of broken links, maybe your not quite finished. If not no biggie, what I have seen so far looks good. You have a clean look to the site and it is generally easy to navigate once you figure out that the images are the links (still might want to offer text links too.)

3. The page loaded a bit slow, this may just be the flash content or it could be where your storing your site. Personally I would try to cut down on loading times as much as possible by optimizing your images to be as small as possible without losing too much quality.

In conclusion, I like the site but had problems navigating. Site loads a bit slow and there were broken links. Other than that, I like the clean design and the idea of your intro screen to grab viewer attention but feel that adding links to the entro screen to connect to your main content wouldn't hurt.
  • biggy199
  • biggy199
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry I did not find the site at all interesting. I think the 1st page is very bland and does not look at all inviting
I also must have caught it on an off day as none of the pages would open.
I did like the mouse over colour schemes though.

I would say of interest to existing fans but not a warm welcome for the casually observer but I suppose only fans will visit?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers