SITE REVIEW: Complete Gaming Directory

• yktan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yktan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I've just finished my directory for video games. Please have a look at it at http://www.completegamingdirectory.com

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
yktan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colors used are really cool yet the font color should be made a bit brighter so it would be easy for users to read. Maybe increase the font size a bit. The header takes alot of time to load and directoris should be simple and quick loading.Otherwise well desgined and welll aligned site.
  • yktan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yktan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for taking time to review my web site sana. I really appreciate it.

Love your avatar :)
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

// thanks :)
Best of Luck with your site :D
  • ForwardGraphics
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the colors you've chosen for the site they suit the "gaming feel". The flash banner loaded quickly and looks great. I have to agree with sana and suggest to possibly make the font bigger or change the color as the text is a bit difficult to see.
The only other thing I wondered was if you could change the font color of your Google banner on the forum page. (Possibly to a silver-grey to match your banner?) That way it would stand out from the rest of your text but it would also blend in with the color scheme.

Nice job ...I think it looks great :)

Staci
  • cinnabar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cinnabar

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might try matching the main text font color with the sub-navigation bar color at the bottom of your page and then maybe darkening that to match your headers above. Just an idea, but I still like the site.
  • Goddess_of_song
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: I don't even know that one

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout and color scheme is awesome (I love the layout!) It was easy to understand, a nice forum. Though I reccomend you put some RPGs on there, other than that I liked it.
  • yktan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yktan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all the constructive comments. I'll try to implement some of the suggestions here :)
  • sogua
  • sogua

Post 3+ Months Ago

the theme is good. navigation seems organize but the flash take too long time to download. may b u should make the header size smaller
  • brasky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Moncton, NB

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very, very nice site. I am an avid gamer and I can assure you that a link for that will be posted in my clan forums for the rest of my clan mates to check out. One thing though is I concur that the font colour should indeed be brighter.
  • pentaside

Post 3+ Months Ago

Under the directory page, I would get rid of the word "gaming" after each section since it applys to them all. If you decide to keep them, then I would make the 'G' in 'Playstation Gaming' lowercase like the rest. Call me picky.
  • SplitMedia
  • SplitMedia
  • Loc: Split-Media.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like that site a lot, the way you used thoes colors, and the way the flash is built up. Good job.
  • hostingspeeds
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hostingspeeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good site!

Only one thing. Your site name says it's a gaming directory, so I was looking for that directory. I ended up in the forums, because the most recent news currently shows news about the directory (clicked on it). Later I noticed the buttons on top with ''forums'' and ''directory''.

Maybe make the text color of navigation buttons on top a different color or bold.

Good luck with site. The animation on top rocks! Even the sound isn't disturbing.

jp
  • Gaminglegend
  • Gaminglegend
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nice looking design, however, it is extremely difficult to read the dark writing on the dark background using a CRT monitor. Maybe try making the text colour more white.
  • Imperiumhosting
  • Imperiumhosting
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really liked the layout of the site. I'm not a big fan of the colors though. I think the site would be more appealing if it were brighter. I'm not saying it should be neon green or anything, just brighter.
  • Absorb
  • Absorb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

The design is looks very clean and simple, works great too especially the flash menu.

But, you need to fix a few things. Like someone else mentioned, brighten up the letters / font so it is it is much easier to read. People can just get fustrated and leave. The Font/size in the directory is great.

Can you blend in the adsense ads better? I know you may want them to stand out for more clicks, but it gets alittle annoying when browsing the directory.

On 1280 x 1024 the website ends at 60/70% down the end of the page, and there is just a line cutting off the design. I think you should tinker with this, either extending it for a full page in 1280 x 1024 or make it curve and close nicely if you know what im talking about.

I also dont know why, but in firefox theres just a strip of white under the menu, that needs to be taken care of.

Overall i think its a good site with potential, good job.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers