SITE REVIEW: Conceptual Design (Trajectory Defense)

• murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I designed this site today after thinking about the layout design, however, I wanted to get your ideas concerning elements to add to the design or omit from the design.

I would like to hear your thoughts about the color schemes and design transitions from one element to another. Although the design is just conceptual at this point, I want to hear the pros and cons of the design as to decide whether I should adapt if for a design for a client in the future.

Thanks.

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really good stuff. Strong images, great use of color. Site content separators and containers. The only thing I would be concerned about is the background. Once it shifts to green its pretty strong and draws the eye away from the content. Also something just doesn't feel right to me about the bottom image with the silhouettes, not sure why but it just feels a little off to me. Love the header image and the header background. Nice logo as well, did you design it? Great stuff, thanks for putting it up.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks CXLink, I appreciate it. I think I agree with the background, looking back at it, it does seem like a very jarring shift, I'll have to find one that is more neutral, maybe a textured gradient, because I am not sure I like the idea of the image not looking quite up to par on aspect ratios that are not 4:3.

And for the footer image, I do see that it seems a bit too cartoonish, for this is supposed to be a defense contractor, thus a more serious image is called for...thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Nice logo as well, did you design it?

Thanks, and yeah, I have had that logo drawn on paper for a while and figured it was time to finalize it (or at least vectorize it).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers