SITE REVIEW: CoreyWard VisualExpressions

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm working on my new portfolio...it isn't finished yet, but let me know what you think it can use!

It still needs a nav (will go under photosamples) and the links are all broken. More content will be added!

http://www.pro-retouching.com/ve

And BTW, the domain is temp. I plan on registering one, but not until the site is up (don't wanna pay for it if I'm not using it).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... It's a bit blank. I like how the top bar is white in the middle and grey on the top and bottom. There's too much space at the bottom. Is there gonna be anything there later?

Where it says .recentnews, I don't like how it's white and green.

Anyway, good job and keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a good looking site... I don't have a problem with the spacing on the site or the '.recentnews' colours. The site does look somewhat non-standard, but I think that's a good image to portray for a somewhat "artistic" site.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

@Funny: The space at the bottom isn't that much on 800x600....lol. I will fill it up, I have to add more content to it like I was saying. What don't you like about the .recentnews colors? Any reasoning behind it?

@desertland: The non-standard look is because I want a more minimalist/simplistic site so that the photos stand out more.

UPDATE: I added the nav menu and some backlinks to firefox and thunderbird. I also added titles to some of the photos (plan on finishing them all) so that they display the title of the photo when hovered over.
  • Lexy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lexy
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think its nice because it's simple, but there is too much space at the bottom. Maybe put something there or align the main layer to the centre. nice site!
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lexy, what browser are you using? The main layer is centered...unless you mean height?
  • TrOeZeN
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • TrOeZeN
  • Loc: NeW zEaLaNd

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a nice looking page and its simple
  • mystery250
  • mystery250

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice, simple and fast to load.

Good idea not using any very large images.

Great photography as well!

Very nice portfolio.

Stephen
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, your gallery rocks. Sweet girls in the cam...i love it. :)

Ok..onto site...it's simple, effect and cool in it's own right. One question: why do u have the font size so big...small site layout...big text...it's contrasting but maybe that's what u want.

Nice site.
  • Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the content of your site.

Some of your photographs are really cool.

I like the way you use php to display random thumbnails. It's a cool system.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks every 1. I am still working on the site, as you may have noticed there is still a lot to go. I am having trouble developing a backend to the site (as far as content management). Right now, everything is sent to pagedata.php that basically determines what the page's content should be and spits it out in the index page in the right place. It gets to be a hassle when trying to add more pages without getting messy because some of them should have the default style (like the homepage and bio page with the little content boxes) but others (like the gallery) need to have a different layout.

Any ideas on what could be more efficient? Preferably without much of a database....I get sick of setting them up and having to login to make changes to PHP through a damn text box!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers