SITE REVIEW: Counter-Strike Clan Website

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just wondering... do you really think it's worth it to buy a domain name for my website? Or just leave it as it is?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont like the "this must be viewed on 1024 x 768 window" that was annoying i have that but i didnt like u can that though
and its epmty you need to make some adds and post them to get some more members
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

leave it cuz you cant make any money on that site so u cant make money to pay for it just no its not worth it
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, but it's a warning. If you don't have your settings like that, how will they know? I'm gonna put a picture there as well soon.
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Lincolnshire, UK.

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the flash header, you could maybe lower the Alpha of the moving parts. To make them blen in better. It looks a little rough as it is.

An example is how I've lowered the opacity or the moving parts in the header on the clan site I'm working on (http://www.elc.captainisakiller.co.uk/).

I like your header. The parts you've added in Flash look good, I just think they could do with a little touching up ;).
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comment. I agree. I'll try to fix it up when I get some time.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need somemore comments!
  • RealDN
  • Loc: US of A

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clan site. That is very attractive, and even though it is going to be used mainly for your clan, it will still gain attention by other people. :)

Jason F.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you, but for some strange reason, I seem to get the feeling it's sometimes a bit cramped up in little spaces. Does anyone else think so too?
  • Madcows kill
  • Madcows kill

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, I had a lok and thought the site had a good design but have a link in firefox and it looks horrible, maybe optimize the site a bit more for mozilla firefox. text: the text in the logo should be changed to something that people can read just a tad easier, I had a look and noticed that there is only one mention of counterstrike and that is in the logo and that's blurred.

Forum: for your forum make the default skin something a bit more apropriate for counterstrike and also change the banner. You might have to search for skins because i don't remember where i used to get mine.

The text on some pages was cramped and i also don't like the site must be viewed in 1024 x 768
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Forum: for your forum make the default skin something a bit more apropriate for counterstrike and also change the banner. You might have to search for skins because i don't remember where i used to get mine.
Problem is, I'm using Invisionfree.com and it's an Invision Board, and that's a bit of a problem. Invision Free don't seem to let you change the skin very easily without going into the raw code and changing each value manually, and believe me, it would take days.
Quote:
i also don't like the site must be viewed in 1024 x 768
Ok. This was brought to my attention earlier by ad0beaddict. Like I said before though: "It's a warning. If you don't have your settings like that, how will they know?" It also looks a bit horrible in other resoloution settings.

Quote:
well, I had a lok and thought the site had a good design but have a link in firefox and it looks horrible, maybe optimize the site a bit more for mozilla firefox.
Ah... the ol' Firefox Compatibility comment. I've had lots of those. Ok, my problem is that:
1. I don't have Firefox (I'm thinking of getting it though)
2. I don't know how to embed the code so it works on both, without ruining any of them.
3. I've gotten too far into the website to change every single page. That may take days....

Thanks for the comments, and critism so far. Keep them coming :D
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps go for phpBB instead.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I don't know If I want to do that. PHPBB is free, yet it doesn't have as good and as many functions as Invision. And PHPBB would require me to setup ANOTHER database/table for it. It's just too much work for that...
  • Madcows kill
  • Madcows kill

Post 3+ Months Ago

last time i checked invisionfree you were able to change skins.

http://s6.invisionfree.com/Madcow/index.php?

this is my old board and i have changed the skin

also i am sure all you do is past the css code and the header and footer code into the corrosponding areas in your acp
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... I'll have a look into it....
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. I managed to find a Counter-Strike Skin. Check it out :D
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any more comments?
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

No Other Comments?
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The skin looks good.

Maybe you could edit the code of the forum, and add your header into it. If it's anything like phpBB, then the header of the page will be stored in a seperate file.

And the site might look cool with the background the forum has.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
And the site might look cool with the background the forum has.

I'll think about that one, but It'll be a whole lot more work to adapt it to the website scheme and theme.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

No Other Comments?
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. Total Update! Check it out! I created a CMS for the web page, for my members. It's got a new design and it's much better. Same link.
http://www.skizzers.org/maroon/Scorp/
Please review it! Thanks
  • l33t_Snack
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow. Simple but elegant and easy to navigate for a clan site. GJ
  • Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I can say is possibly add a banner to the actual home page and the forums, maybe something pretaining to the most recent games etc., livin' it up alil bit. Just a suggestion, as I look through a bunch of gaming sites , just seems very plain to me, doesnt grab me as a gaming site.

WC
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... Ok. Thanks. I'll look into that! :D
  • brasky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Moncton, NB

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want some more input, check out my clan site

http://www.claninabox.net
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ooo. Thanks!
Muchly appreciated. Looks great!
  • PokerSpider
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i aint much of a player at that game but i do enjoy a lot of others,but mostly i play car/driving related games...

Actually i got a tip when it comes to changing colours so that it wont maybe be all that white..and that is,,, i my self on my homepage got me a color block that is inserted on my page with a simple html paste from a site where i got the code.....this colorblock alows ure visitors to change whatewr page you got, into the colour they them selves want, bu just howering over a board and locking the colour they decide...and i think its a great tool if u think its worth the space it recuires and the function u get by it...... but i do not want to do anything wrong in this forum cause im all new here,so when i have revieved a couple of more sites so that im aligable to put my own fresh site up for a review,, i hope i can help u with it if you want,, by wisiting me at the page i will have up for review ...So if its something u want to check out.... check this forum for the site under my alias, POKERSPIDER......
im a newbie in the webcreation but i like your site,good design, and it gave me an impression of a "dedicated" owner that loves the game he love:)
  • PokerSpider
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi again...dont know where my review for your website went ,but i guess i poted it as a topic ore something:)gona go chekc it out(hopefully someone can put it back here) :lol:

But as i said in that review i did and still do like what i saw... it made me curious on what was inside, and the design is of a good standard...easy to get guided and thats a must in my oppinion...

so hope the other review will in some way get back inn here,cause i gave a more complete review there

Keep up the good work...from pokerspider
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

The word clan may not apeal to some viewers. Maybe try and Hype another word, not saying change it. But maybe another word in the title could be emphasized.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 64 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers