SITE REVIEW: Country Custom Tile

• mrcountry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mrcountry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please look at my site and give me you opinion. I have just changed my site a few days ago and my traffic has dropped to less than half of what I have been averaging. I made the site so much cleaner and easier to navigate and I just dont know if this is normal when you redo a site. If so how long does it take to build back up the traffic. http://www.countrycustomtile.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would replace the eagles with something else. They look like they are ready to kill someone and that's not the atmosphere that you want to create. Otherwise, the site looks good.
  • mrcountry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mrcountry

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW, I didn't think my eagles were mean. I'll see what I can do. I really appreciate the comments.
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has a nice layout. The eagles are a nice touch and create a strong header but if they looked a little less aggressive and more "regal" or something would be a good change in my opinion.

All of the text in italics is bothersome to my eyes ... might want only bolded text or plain for the body and use the italics for link hovering or something.

Also the stretched CC logos could prollie be cleaned up some so they are the right size and less pixelated.
  • matview
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • matview
  • Loc: http://www.tedjob.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. The size of the image in the middle is 2.5 MB. It will be horrible for visitors. The size can be brought down to 100K without sacrifice quality.

2. The credit card images are distorted, which make site very unprofessional
  • mrcountry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mrcountry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I really appreciate the tips. I have re-sizes the picture on the index page and also on the main photo page. I guess I need to do all of the photo pages ( about 130 ) or so pages with the photo. Please if you see anything else just let me know. I am very seriously thinking about keeping my eagles though. I just really like them. I will look for more CC images, because they look fine to me on my HP 22in monitor on all resolutions. I will see if I can find better pics. Once again thanks for the help and please let me know if you see anything else.
  • mrcountry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mrcountry

Post 3+ Months Ago

By the way, do you all have any suggestions for the left and right side of the pages below the links etc.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Every thing is in Italic. Why?

Sorry for color combination. Not appealing. Hard to eyes.

The only thing, which I liked are Eagles.
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Eagles are really wonderful. But colour combination is really hard for eyes.
  • mrcountry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mrcountry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could someone please tell me if the colors are any better before I go through all the pages and change them. I really appreciate all the help.I got rid of the italic type and changed some of the coloring.

http://www.countrycustomtile.com/
  • mrcountry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mrcountry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also is the text ok being centered or should I make all text left
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The link you posted is still a table layout ... might want to consider CSS. If you still stick with the tabled layout ... you don't need divs inside the table, you can set the alignment to each cell. But CSS is the way to be :mrgreen:

Bold is easier to read than all the italics.

I would say you should google for visa logo and then MC, then discover and just take the smallest ones you can find and make them all one height. Three images yes, but would clean them up.

I like left aligned for paragraphs and centered for titles, news, updates, or other things you want to pop out at visitors.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I did a search for custom tile on Google and you are like 5 or 6. Which I would think would be pretty good. Then I started looking at the other sites and they are pretty much the same. Tables, extremely large images, text too small. Which leads me to believe that custom tilers are really good at what they do. It's a craft that takes years to master. Requires a lot of attention to detail. Is hard on the body but when done right, can be so beautiful. The same goes for web design. I wouldn't try to do my own tile. :)

Here is a site that I found. It was further down on the search, but is a lot better than yours and the others. No offense. It better represents today's design style. http://www.imaginetile.com/custom.html

another:
http://www.hakatai.com/
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

kinda dark and blocky
  • mrcountry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mrcountry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I appreciate all the comments but i'm going to leave it just like it is. I get plenty of traffic, so I guess it's ok. I have been told by many customers that my site looks great and it's easy to navigate. I guess that it's ok for my customers so I will just leave it like it is, but thanks for the comments.
  • Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would re-think the site's color theme. The bright yellow text on the green background is a little much on the eyes as said above. I think you have ample links and easily to understand navigation for a customer to find what they are looking for. Just the color...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I enjoy your website and I believe it has a very good idea behind. Congratulations on your marketing as well! It says that you have 228 Backlinks, that is a great start. If you aren't happy with your current traffic, I would consider looking for more high quality backlinks that will provide steady targeted traffic.
  • virtualcity
  • virtualcity

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i dont know i didnt actually like the colour combination
looks so dark to me
loaded fast enough
but still needs lots of design improvemnt
Good Luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers