SITE REVIEW: couple.com

• thevali
  • thevali

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Could you please review the site i'm trying to launch those days: http://www.couple.com

Any feedback will be apreciated.

You could use my test user: vali/vali if you don't.

Thank you,
Vali
  • bluewingsAngel
  • Born
  • Born
  • bluewingsAngel

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice design. but test user couldn't login :(
  • kamarada
  • Born
  • Born
  • kamarada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design a little gray. Would suggest more colors and more pictures (something more happy?) Also I think you should put some text describing your great site and not just a promotion.
  • barsa
  • barsa
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

website is very beautiful specially the picture is very good match with the site color combination.
And the logo is also very good.
But the navigation bar is so simple.
  • Andrastos
  • Born
  • Born
  • Andrastos

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually really enjoy this design and site... is this all custom code and design or a dating script site?

Great domain name too!

Overall the site seems very easy to use and navigate.
  • flashweb
  • Born
  • Born
  • flashweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice and simple design.its look very calm and the color selection is very nice

nice work :D
  • Snow is on Fire
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Auburn, AL

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is great, but the colors (or lack thereof) seem a little dull to me. The grayness kind of makes the site look like it'd be more fitting for some uber consecutive office. I mean, I've never looked for love online or anything, but I think if I did I'd want to see something which looked a little brighter and happier. You might consider adding a splash of color.

Personally I love the picture. The guy looks so content and peaceful. It might sound a bit sappy, but it's the kind of picture that would get to a lonely heart - which would be a nice little subconscious nudge for them to sign up. The logo is nice as well. Simple, but it gets the point across.

All in all, very nice work.
  • theBruney
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's good work. Easy on the eyes. Adore the form buttons. Like the header image too.
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say get rid of the "Welcome to Couple.com", and replace with an extremely brief introduction message. That space is highly valued, and you are wasting it to say Hi.
  • thevali
  • thevali

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you all for your reviews. I'm glad most of you like it and i appreciate all feedbacks.
Andrastos: it is custom code and design
Barsa: Are you talking about the navigation bar from the first page or the one in the membership area(this one has many features). You could login using user vali pass vali.
  • bisht
  • Born
  • Born
  • bisht

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice job done man......
you have got a great idea. Carry on .......
  • loki_ison
  • loki_ison

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the suttle relaxing tones and the layout of the home page..i think the only thing that spoils the page is the ad banner on the top right, otherwise its a piece of art :)
  • zumzum
  • zumzum

Post 3+ Months Ago

man, great domain! how did you manage to get it? wow! i thought these kind of domains already vanished. anyway, great website, though, i would suggest to take your dating website on another angle. we've got facebook and apple generation and i dont think dating websites are as popular as they were five or seven years ago.

anyway, good luck ;)
  • wsdjr
  • wsdjr

Post 3+ Months Ago

thevali wrote:
Hi,
Could you please review the site i'm trying to launch those days: http://www.couple.com

Any feedback will be apreciated.

You could use my test user: vali/vali if you don't.

Thank you,
Vali

---------------------------------

I am more into reviwing the total design- your design is quite good- i did not try out your login and other features beut the design and placing of all text and graphics is A-OK

Great job
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design looks very nice, theres not much bad stuff to point out. I have to say the logo looks more like an X than a C, it would go nicely in a favicon image, but it should go on the left of a C in the normal font of the header. And I like the cross-browser javascript-less only drop down menus, very good job there (though they are easy to steal from other sites?).
  • goldnite
  • goldnite

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you color scheme is great! The relaxing layout fits perfectly with your text - but I do agree with the previous to take off the "welcome" and replace it with something more likely to get users to look around.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks really nice. If I had to say one critical thing, it would be related to the rollovers, the area that changes color is not centered. Looks a little funny, but overal I have to say this is a fine piece of work. Keep it up!
  • rskala
  • Loc: Catskills

Post 3+ Months Ago

Menu could use some styling IMO, but all in all, I think it looks great! Professional and easy to navigate A+
  • expat
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • expat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks to me this site needs some colorization !!! LOL

Love is about colors if u can immerse the other senses
  • DannyBly
  • DannyBly

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome URL - lucky you for being able to scoop that up!

Website looks good, nice clean design - personally I'd like to see a bit more use of color -
  • Wonder Girl
  • Wonder Girl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your simplicity in layout, nothing unnecessary. And the photo - is perfect. But the color combination should be not so boring.
  • mbmurray
  • mbmurray

Post 3+ Months Ago

professionally looking site
  • temeku_graphics
  • temeku_graphics

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there.

Well done. Very clean, neat, and professional. I personally enjoy the layout, I like the use of colors, and the black and white imagery adds to the atmosphere. Again, great job.
  • koolman
  • Born
  • Born
  • koolman

Post 3+ Months Ago

the domain is really great thevali, i couldnt guess it was free. Your website looks nice but sounds to me a little bright with heavy white colour. The look of script doesnt look like a dating website. I hope you make what in your mind is
  • scientia
  • Born
  • Born
  • scientia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job!
  • Chief_of_Information
  • Chief_of_Information

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks good but I would change the logo at the top. I looked at it forever and it still looks like ouple.com because the C blends in with the backwards c next to it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers