SITE REVIEW: CrazyDreamz.com

• beefykoala
  • beefykoala

Post 3+ Months Ago

We just finished with version 3 of the site. We redesigned it and added new features for easier nav and use. We added a WYSIWYG editor for adding dreams and tags for browsing. Theres now a tag cloud also and 5 star voting system. This is a dream blog website. I always wanted to make one and all the other ones are so bland. Let me know what you think of the layout design content, idea, etc. And let me know if you are intersted in swaping links and hey if you give me an honest review leave your link and i might just add it (PR4)! Thanks a ton! happy dreams :)

Crazydreamz.com

Paul
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bad_bob00
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bad_bob00

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quite a nice idea for a site, seems to be catching on nicely too.

Site took a while to load but I think thats my internet connection. The background image of the stars was small dimension-wise but is about 12kb in size. Also the banner at the top of the page is 17kb, I think these could both be easily reduced without losing quality.

I think the image of the man asleep is quite nice, though it might look better if the outline wasn't so thick.

Also the contact page and the about us page is a bit plain, maybe you could add some more text or anything?

Good luck with the website. Matt
  • drewtown
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • drewtown

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is just what I would do so take it or leave it.

On the right side once the menu has ended you are wasting a lot of space, so I would take the menu part and put it horizontally at the top and have the dreams go all the way across that way you can put more on there and you can put ads horizontally across inbetween every few dreams, more ads, more space utilized.

Also I don't like the green stars, maybe yellow?

Overall though, cool site, cool idea.
  • jsh2134
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jsh2134
  • Loc: Boston and New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the previous post about the ads, but i would also try to make the top of the site just a little more interesting/flashy. Maybe use a little flash and make a .swf that has the sleeping dudes have Z's coming out of their heads. Also i feel like if you dont do anythign else to the sdies of the site (add ad's or whatever) maybe put a shadow behind the main content part or soemthign to give it a little more design. Other than that good idea, and nice goin
  • charlie_lang
  • charlie_lang

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting. If it were my site, I would try to get a guest psychologist to analyze the dreams. That would be really interesting.
  • royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

We like the logo..the concept is good...its good to have something different on the net.
  • Lock(/\)oot

Post 3+ Months Ago

Loading time is good , concept very original .
The banner is a bit to simple in my opinion, but still i like the look of the site 8)

good luck with your site
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

beefykoala wrote:
Let me know what you think of the layout design content, idea, etc.

Tested with Seamonkey Nightly Build {Build ID: 2006081518}. All Text in the topics at bottom are out of the topic. Also in the "Friends"-Box on the right side. The "hover"-Effect doesn't work in Seamonkey.

I get in two browsers (Seamonkey/Opera) two different views. After that i show into your source. The Style Sheet is included in your source. Make a extern CSS file.

You use "font-size: 14px;", your site is fixed and in IE you can't scale the Text Size. I doesn't found <noscript>-tags and you use "deprecated" HTML Tags. All your <div> have a <... style=""> included. You should remove this. If I load your site without graphics, your navigation on the right side is unsuitable. With a screen reader simulation your site isn't really readable.
  • funlounge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funlounge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Site overall,
well designed, friendly to use and good idea

However the choice of colors is a bit risky... when you are reading a "dream", you have orange, dark blue, blue, white, gray and flashy green (the stars...)

Try to reduce the number of colors, it's too much
IMHO
  • xeno
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xeno

Post 3+ Months Ago

It loaded fast for me in FF. I think its a little cartoony, but that fits with the theme of the site, so I guess its ok. The only other thing I can think of would be to redesign those stars to something a little bit more eyecatching or something that doesn't stick out too much.
  • lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great and it seams people are using it.
  • michaelcrawford
  • michaelcrawford

Post 3+ Months Ago

This a great site! Using FF on XP pro.

What I like:

+ text is easy to read
+ easy to navigate
+ simple to find "submit a dream"
+ browsing dreams by popularity/rating

What I don't like:

- logo and cartoon characters (amaturish)
- blue starry background
- individual dreams header bar color

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike.
  • beefykoala
  • beefykoala

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all your input, does anyone have any advice on how to promote the site?
  • Sxperm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sxperm

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is one great concept site.
1. Design looking good, easy to read and figure out what is it.
2. For the right side that empty should place some ads. or little banner to promote your another websites. suggest for 3.
3. For adsense you placed on top, should blend them more. IMO, your adsense is too outstanding in its border and may not recieve many clicks. Actually, if you place your adsense in your main content it should be better.
4. For menu in the right, is it possible to use text instead of images? I think it should be better for seo terms.
5. You shold place a little more keywords in your bottom.

the rest is ok.

Regards,
Real Estate Directory - Estateround.com
webmaster@estateround.com
  • resqjax
  • Born
  • Born
  • resqjax
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I inspected your site and did not see any functional flaws. I would however add a Flash header to the page and use custom PHP scripts to better enhance your ratings-GUI. I'm trying to use Censura to make a site like yours now; a ratings site, and I could use help from any developer that has worked or can work with it. Email me if you are looking for a gig. vorarahil@yahoo.com.

Also, TRY TO MAKE SOME MONEY! If your site is not a pid service, lead generation, e-Commerce, or otherwise you are spending money and not earning money. See if you can incorporate a business model to earn profit from this site. It might just work. Sell psychology books or whatever!

~ Rahil

Visit my site http://www.rahil.us
  • intiendes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • intiendes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site, though I suggest to have more info on About Page and on the Contact Page, I think it would be better to have an instant message there (like a comment option on a blog site), so that visitors could sent you message right then and there. No more going to email and composing one to write to you :) But just keep the email address (some wants to write through email).
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Southeast US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love this idea. I don't know how many times I have talked with friends and family about different dreams I have had. They can be so strange and impossible. Your navigation on the right is very simple and easy to use. It is something that people would look at and follow through with posting their dream because it is easy. I also like the fact that you have a ranking system for each dream posted. Personally I would like to see a darker night sky in the background and possibly a different looking logo. Maybe something with a moon or even small tid bits of off the wall dreams (example - a man being chased by a monster, etc). Maybe you could have a section on the meaning of dreams. When it all boils down to it, I really like this site and it is very interesting to read about what other people have battled with in ther sleep.

Good job,

David
  • Mook25

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like this site, really nice to know there's people out there who have really strange dreams like myself, usually if i eat cheese before i go to bed. lol

Nice layout, easy to navigate and loads pretty fast aswell. One thing i would suggest though is on the 'More Tags' page, it seems a bit all over the place so alligning it could help and maybe also to make the font size a little bigger for those who maybe can't see as well as you.

All in all though a god design and a good site. Well done :wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers