SITE REVIEW: L & L Creations

• darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am only posting this site before the content goes in because my client wants to make the nav bar green and I want someone's opinion before that happens. IMO, that would look awful, but shes paying...

How does it look: http://www.epsilonco.net/llcreations/index.html

Thanks in advance
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree -- it would look awful. Might want to do one up green just to compare, but that'd be a total clash with the image.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well maybe if the header was different, but that would be an awful clash. I like the layout, top notch. I think the header maybe slightly too pixalated. But I understand you have to consider low bandwidth.

Will the links also be green. Yeah Im interested to see how it would look kermitified
  • raybman
  • Loc: Los Angeles, California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the above postings.
No matter what shade of green, it's going to clash and degrade the styling of the site.

Site looks great the way it is.
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made up a version with the green nav bar. This is the actual color she asked for too, I didn't just make it look as bad as I could so that she would go with the purple version.

If any children are present, please remove them from the room or cover their eyes, this may scar them for life..

Here it is in all of its green crappiness: http://www.epsilonco.net/llcreations/green/index.html
  • raybman
  • Loc: Los Angeles, California

Post 3+ Months Ago

OOOOH, MY EYES!

Maybe your client is color blind.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, she can't possibly think that looks good. Oh well, as long as shes happy that is all that matters
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, she hasn't actually seen it yet. But earlier I gave her some colors and she said that she would like the nav bar this color, I'm pretty sure after I show her what it looks like that she will reconsider.
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I don't think the green will look awful if you use that in style..I mean some glossy effect (Can be made from photoshop style elements) not the flat color you choose...or you can made the header littlebit greenish from the photoshop color variation or whatever.

But I think she wants greenish because of your previous violet one is darker than it's requirement..you can littlebit lightup the violet navbar and show that to your respective clients...and ofcourse client satisfaction is the main thing for us when he or she still remain with his or her choice.

And finally one suggestion...give rollover to your navbar button so your client may more satisfy and choose an alternate color instead of green.
  • JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

definitely stay away from the green. have you asked the client if there is any particular reason why she wants green?
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, she wanted kinda a seaish theme. I thought I incorperated that in the banner though.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heck if she is not set on the banner, just change the banner.
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

The thing is, she said she loved the banner and didn't want it to be changed.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers