SITE REVIEW: Creative Imagination Exercises

• markparker
  • Born
  • Born
  • markparker

Post 3+ Months Ago

!-o=o-!

Hi, Guys,

I just built a FREE website about how parents can educate their children to get smarter through CREATIVE IMAGINATION exercises. Does anyone know where I can promote my website in any popular kids forums? Also please review my website and give me some suggestions. I appreciate your visiting and any suggestions in advance.

Please visit
http://MaPaGuidesCreativeImagination.googlepages.com

Mark
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are not receiving reviews because you did not take them time yourself to give 3 good reviews of other sites. Posting things such as:
markparker wrote:
It looks very good and I learn many skills.
and
markparker wrote:
It looks neat and clean. I like this style.
do NOT count as giving good reviews. You need to give constructive criticism so that the designer can improve their site.

Take a few moments to look over some sites and give three good reviews, and the favor will be returned to you.
  • youngwashington
  • Born
  • Born
  • youngwashington

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Site. Keep it up.
  • sales-offers
  • sales-offers
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks nice and gives useful information. Easy to navigate. Made a great job! :-)
  • sooey
  • Born
  • Born
  • sooey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great! I will definitely use it to help my son - I think he will easily navigate it himself too
  • ajkendall
  • ajkendall
  • Loc: Liverpool, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice layout and color scheme, something a bit different with the colors but they work well

the only problem is the advert is too wide for the site and needs decreasing or the site width increasing by 10pixels
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Despite the 3 website review rule and being a teacher, I feel I have to comment on this site.

Ok, the header -> red on purple is hard to read. (Creative imagination excercises" and "red imagination" are examples.

Articles-> You have what appears to be more suggestions in this area and no actual links to any articles. With this why should a parent believe you? Where did the articles come from? What are your qualifications? Have you studied this topic, how long?

Green area-> get rid of "!-o=o-!" this is on the home page. Also get rid of next page/move this to the bottome with the 1-10 numbers. be sure to apply this to all pages.

Numbers-> 1-10 is nice but i had no idea what it was for at first. This should be labeled in some form.

purple bar-> This is what makes the site currently look like a work in progress. 1-5 excersize links work while the others appear as pretty numbers. I feel as though you could totally eliminate this bar and instead title (in green area) use the "Imagination excercises" link that is already there. Then on these pages create a 1-5, 6-10, etc..., on the top right (in the white, again purple would be gone).

purple bar questions-> from:

http://mapaguides.googlepages.com/!-o=o ... ainingm222 (this is the entire url, but i can't get it so you can click on it from ozzu. you get to this link by clicking on the 2nd question from the homepage). from here click 3rd question and.......
the last question is a link to the homepage. you can find a better way than this bar to include those questions/links. Even putting them above the "want your kids to...." would better, be careful to not have to many questions in a row though.

Your wording and order of these questions kills me. People need to know the "why" and be interested before they can implement the "how."
Question/order suggestions: 1) Why should I look to improve my child's imagination? 2) Why imagination is important (leave out the "so") 3) How to train a child's imagination

The basic theme of this site is imagination. I know its a free site, but having all text isn't exactly having an imagination. Can you get some images in there? Lastly, is the "Copyrighted by MaPaGuides.googlepages.com" neccessary? the coppyright at the bottom should be enough, either leave that area blank or give the paragraphs headings.

Just make sure you have someone read over your site before you really start advertising. You may be able o get support of teachers with an improved version of this site. I know most of what I have posted doesn't look like good news and will require work but i do appreciate what you are attempting to do :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers