SITE REVIEW: crochetdoilies.com

• aimillie
  • aimillie
  • Loc: Largo, FL - USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did this site about 6 months ago using a free template (for florist) I liked the flowers...
anyway just comment, critic, suggest...etc and let me know how I can improve it. Thank you all. :wink:

http://www.crochetdoilies.com
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it alot! I especially love the way you incorperated some images in the text area...very neat! The menu in the banner is located at the very top. Keep the menu in the banner but try centering it in height. Aside from that, every thing is great...keep it up!
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its not bad I think perhaps you should make try making the navigations smaller. Is there any way you could combine some pages. Like for example instead of having Cats, Dogs, Horses, you could combine all that into Animals. There are just so many pages that you kind of don't know where to begin.
  • aimillie
  • aimillie
  • Loc: Largo, FL - USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your feedback.
I agree too many "menu items", and I have been adding some... so it will get worse.
Do you think I should use the javascript drop down menu to eliminate all the sub links :?:
  • victor_p77
  • Student
  • Student
  • victor_p77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not that bad..... But why is there a lot of space at the bottem?? and i agree with the other posts there are to many pages. So you can do what Lord Kai said.
  • Garpster

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi aimillie,
As I know nothing about doilies I offer a purely technical critique.

HOME PAGE
The template design looks good and works just fine. But, if you can tweak the top menu rollovers a little, that would be nice. Currently, rolling over any selection changes the position of all of them as the selection rolls to bold and increases size. Maybe aligning the whole menu left or right, just not center, would do it.
If this is a commercial site, I'd increase the body text font size to at least 12 point (not pixels), with headers at 18 point and change the order the items are presented, like maybe...

Welcome
To CrochetDoilies.com
Thank you for coming, and I hope you will enjoy your stay.
Leslie the Crochet Queen

. Visit the Doily Store for a variety of beautiful, handcrafted doilies that will become wonderful heirlooms, passed on from generation to generation.

Great personalized gifts for any happy occasion.
[list=]Weddings
Birthday
Christening
Xxxxxxx
Xxxxxxx[/list]
or just to show how much you care.

See samples of Personalized Doilies & Monogrammed Filet Crochet Doilies, and I would like to share links to my favorite collections of FREE crochet doily patterns.
You can also see some of my new doilies on eBay, along with many other articles of interest to crochet lovers.
The History of Crochet Crochet Poems
Abbreviations Victorian Terms
etc., etc., etc..

Your personalized or monogrammed doilies will be delivered to your door within 2 weeks of your order.
o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o

http://www.crochetdoilies.com/filet_cro ... _sale.html

I'd change this...
Special Order your Name Doily!

to this...
Special Order your Personalized Doily!

or better yet, this...
Order your Personalized Doily HERE!

Then, instead of
Customize your Name Doily

I'd suggest...
Customization Form
and see if you can align all the fields in your form to the right, so the boxes line up.

I wish you the very best with your website, Leslie.
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
If you could allign the layout to the center it would look better.

thank you
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Loc: South East England

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the navigation bar to the left was condensed it would look much better
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always have this annoyance with websites that are only left aligned. It is very easy to centre it and it will look much better.

Simply insert the following code just after the </head>

Code: [ Select ]
<div align="center">

But I'm just fussy like that :D
  • stumpygrrl
  • stumpygrrl

Post 3+ Months Ago

The content is very original and creative and I like the color scheme.
The only thing I would suggest is to fix the navigation bar on the side. It needs buttons or some kind of better organization to it. It looks messy and it blends in with the body content of the page too much.
I like the top title bar with clearly marked links for easy navigation of your website. The flowers are cute!
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think it looks very nice for a beginner keep working and try to use your own templates next time!
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the header !!Centering the site won't be a bad idea ;) the site colour matches your theme , and thats something rare now , so good work . Navigation could be improved a bit . The site scrolls to waay down , so please manage the frames. Site meter , looks a bit haphazzard , try placing it at the bottom. On the whole , i enjoyed the visit to your site , and best of luck with your site :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers