SITE REVIEW: csg.co.uk

• tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my site at the moment it does not look like much and does not work all I want is your thoughts on the design and apart from the logo and navbar buttons which are crap looking by the way there are no imagers. http://www.freewebs.com/csgtest yes I know Freewebs but its not online yet. the links shuld work so let me know waht you think!
It will sell games for consels 360 PS3 ect.

NOTE: the adrass when its online will be csg.co.uk
csg stands for Cyber Space Games
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate it! It's a blue screen, and not a nice blue. It's too hard on the eyes. And how can you expect any feedback, besides what I'm going to say, if you have no content whatsoever?

My apologies! For some reason on opening the site, I couldn't see any of the links. I opened it in FF. I had to click on them then when I went back they showed up in a different color. Are you editing the page right now? But what is really confusing is when you open it in IE, I just get two boxes with X's. Like an image is missing. Same thing in Opera and Safari. Also the footer is different in each browser. In some it's tall, others short and in FF i can only see part of it. Then once inside, there are no images (which I know you made mention). The only consistent thing is that blue background that is really hurting my eyes. The whole thing is really confusing. And are you building two sites? If not why the need for two buttons that seem to take me to the same place? You know that blue reminds me of the Microsoft Blue Screen of Death. And I would ditch the free hosting. Just buy your domain. And get a cheap hosting package while you develop the site. It might save you some headache in the end.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Am I missing something? There's only some white text on a blue background and the freewebs footer...

I can't provide much of a review on that

Hahaha Zaiah beat me to the post :-)
  • Alec013
  • Born
  • Born
  • Alec013

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's kinda nooby, make it a flash site!
Buy a template until you can seriousuy make your own :)
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I know about the problems I just noticed that freewebs isn't showing the images. Also I AM planning on moving it as soon as I can but for now my money budget is tight. I will change the color what do you think the best color would be? Back to work!
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem is not the colour - if you have a proper template, you can make any colour look good. Just search for "free website templates" and you'll get tons of results.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dude I paid like 10 dollars ( it may have been less )for my domain and there are hosting packages as low as $6 a month. I guess if that is too much, then you should be looking for billable work. And not building websites. I only say that because it is obvious you don't have web skills. So maybe you should focus on something that will get you the money you need. And that is not an insult. Sorry if it sounds harsh. If Freewebs isn't showing your pics, try another free one. But to be honest, it may be less trouble to just get your own domain. Someone on here might even be nice enough to host it for you. But like someone said. If you don't have any design or code skills, get a free template. They are all over the place. Good luck!
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look I am new at this and were you born knowing how to make websites? NO! Sorry had to get that of my chest.
I have a free template so I will post again soon. I am in the processes of getting it hosted.
Also how come people find it hard to grasp the idea that I live in the UK as stated next to this post! I don't want a US host cos if it goes down I want to call em up and find out what the problem is but if it is in the US then the time difference will mean I would have to call at like 10 at night to get someone coming in to start work in the morning see my problem?
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah wrote:
I hate it! It's a blue screen, and not a nice blue.

zaiah wrote:
I only say that because it is obvious you don't have web skills.

@zaiah: That's not the way to respond, however bad you feel the site is. If you can't provide any constructive suggestions, it's better you don't reply.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tell us when you have found a host. Then we can give this another go.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

casablanca wrote:
zaiah wrote:
I hate it! It's a blue screen, and not a nice blue.

zaiah wrote:
I only say that because it is obvious you don't have web skills.

@zaiah: That's not the way to respond, however bad you feel the site is. If you can't provide any constructive suggestions, it's better you don't reply.

You know what? I do owe you an apology. And believe me it's genuine. I read this again and I had to say to myself "Zaiah you were wrong" So from the bottom of my heart I apologize. I hadn't had my coffee and I was a little cranky. Plus I hate when people do that to others. So I was being somewhat of a hypocrite. It's not fair and it's not helpful. And you are right, I wasn't born designing sites. And I'm not even that good at it now. So I have to hang my head in shame. Please forgive me. I initially said "I hate it" because I thought you were one of those yahoos that was posting an empty page and asking for a review. Actually I thought I put a smiley face after that. ANd the other comment, I think it just came off wrong. I really don't know what else to say except I'm sorry. I was a jack-arse.
What I will say is, take your time and figure out which way you want to go with this. There are lots of articles/tutors out here that focus on the very early planning stages of design. Take your time and plan it out. Do some research on similar sites. Study the color scheme, typography and layout styles. Find your target audience and create a site that will captivate them.
Again my apologies. And good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers