SITE REVIEW: Cubaneo

• Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey you guys I've designed a 2nd version of my "community web page" and I know there is a lot of stuff to be fixed, but well, I want to hear what a couple of prof like you all have to say about it. Realize I'm open minded, you can eider throw rocks or roses.... please give it a shot... :P

Cubaneo

//Oh yea about the pop ups.... :roll: I know it really make you wana go crazy.....sorry
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a nice clean looking site, I can't judge the content because I don't speak the laguage. :) But the pop-ups are bad, but the programs trying to install themselves are worse. I suggest moving hosts or moving away from whoever is making those ads/programs.
But the site design looks nice, and well layed out.
The only other thing I have to say is about the calander, it's pretty big and at the bottom of the site, so some people might miss it. IMO you should have a smaller calander on the side or something...
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

aight thanks a lot, I know the pup-ups suck, I might be buying a domain name so I can get rid of all the pup ups, i was thinking to have the calendar in a separate page, I know is huge...At first I tried making it smaller, but I wanted users to know what was going on the specific date (Such as a party, meeting, etc) without having to click in it... Do you think moving the calendar to a totally new page would be a good idea?

About the content...sorry about that man, but due to the fact that this is surd of a community page or like a club page and most of the members are Spanish speakers and also due to the fact that Spanish is my native language, I though of having it in Spanish, but as you might have noticed, the language is mixed up, kind of like, spanenglish...right......but thanks a lot for the comments....they really help!
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the calander I meant something like this:
http://www.geocities.com/toms_ledzeppel ... layout.txt
Just a quick "sketch" I did it paint to show what I meant (i Hope you can make out my writting, it's hard writting with the mouse). Just something small enough it doesn't take up too much space but still be able to see the dates.

But a Calander of events link or something would be just as good, but if it were like that, maybe have all the event info in the date square, or a summary and then links to more information.

Just some ideas. :)
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

the calender didn't seem to big to me, just a bit (empty / white / blank ). Maybe make the boxes less tall (or are they that size to accomodate more entries per day. Altenatively a red cross or something in the empty boxes (or something similar)

I like the spinglish, it seems to have a nice flow it and is a little interesting . It's a little unaccessible to english only speakers but thats justifiable.

The second tab/link does not display at all on any page
The text wrapping looks a little dodgey on the "Teorio De El 11" page for example. It mght help add a margin between the text and images.

Other than that I think the layout is really nice and page in general looks really good, the only things that need to be changed are tweaks.

Good site 9/10
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a lot rtm223 and Tom the Great, I really apreciate you guys oppinions, I'll check on those details you've mentioned. Thanks for all...
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, my question may be a little off topic, but... Why is the content half-spanish half-english?

I think the layout is ok. I'm not sure if you have used the real colours for the cuban flag. If you didn't, my be you should. It looks too lighter to me. But may be it's just me.

I think there are too many font's. You have one for cubaneo, one for the top menu, another one for "contact me", yet another for "latest news".
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

_Leo_ wrote:
Well, my question may be a little off topic, but... Why is the content half-spanish half-english?

I think the layout is ok. I'm not sure if you have used the real colours for the cuban flag. If you didn't, my be you should. It looks too lighter to me. But may be it's just me.

I think there are too many font's. You have one for cubaneo, one for the top menu, another one for "contact me", yet another for "latest news".

Half Spanish half English...lol...the thing is due to the fact that most of us have being living for a while already in the US we've kind of adopted the English language, and not only on writing but sometimes while talking in Spanish , English might come out as well. Also, I update the website a very often, and don't have enough time to create a English and Spanish section. :(

Eventually the colors of the flag are red, white and blue,
But due to the fact that I wanted to keep it easy on the eye, I "lowered" down the colors a lil bit to a whiter tone.

About the fonts you are right! I was simply trying to have a variety on the page, and also let the visitor figure out that each button belongs to a different section or utility of the page. Am I making sense? but yes I should lower down the amount of fonts.. :wink:
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey Tom the Great, I'm sorry bro but due to the fact that somethign on my internet browser is wrong I'm not able to access the link you've provided me:
http://www.geocities.com/toms_ledzeppel ... layout.txt
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can not understands from the writings but the design is ok.
If you want to create a big community about Cubaneo , you could develop your forum with phpBB , Vbulletin ...
  • Dragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

dolay wrote:
I can not understands from the writings but the design is ok.
If you want to create a big community about Cubaneo , you could develop your forum with phpBB , Vbulletin ...

You are exactly right, I'm searching for a server that will support php and Mysql....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers