SITE REVIEW: Custom Pool Cuemaker

• rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let me know what you think of my latest work.

http://www.zinzola.com

As always your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Rick
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• chrysiptera
  • chrysiptera

Post 3+ Months Ago

rhwebs,

I'm a pool player with my own cue, so I'm proud to be the first to chime in. I'm even from mass(sorta, I'm transplanted in NYC for some time). Ok, onto your site.

It is pretty basic. This is good because it is obvious what to click on, but it is bad because the basic layout is so common.

I think the graphics you use on the landing page are too low quality. On the 'cues' page you use some fancy lightbox. Why can't you do that on the homepage too?? Also use better images here.

I think the Contact form has too many required fields. If they want to give you a phone number they will, ditto for email. Let them do whatever they want.

The last issue involves text on the home page, that *must* be changed:

"Although he hasn't been making cues for very long..."

should be entirely deleted, and that whole paragraph should read:

"With his background in creating custom wood furniture combined with his avid thirst for learning, Tony has established himself among cue enthusiasts as a master craftsman and a fine cue maker."

I hope my comments are helpful.

Jeremy
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Phone number is optional. If we made phone number and email optional and someone didn't fill in either of those fields then how would the cuemaker contact his customer? The images are provided by the client. I agree that they aren't the highest quality, but it is very difficult to photograph cues because of the glare from the finish. He designed the logo himself and should probably consider having it professionally done. Good comment about the bio on the home page. Thanks for the feedback.

Rick
  • healthnut101
  • Born
  • Born
  • healthnut101

Post 3+ Months Ago

rhwebs I found this site to be very good, I liked the simplicity of the layout and the navigation, and there wasn't any annoying flashing pictures or ads.

I would maybe try adding a bit more information/content to your index page but overall I really like your website
  • Kamron3
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kamron3

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the Pool-based page, I don't see many of those.

I like how you have the news at the side, but I really don't like the overall page, it's a bit bland, makes me want to look away. Not to be rude. It's a good fed page, just not great looking.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers