SITE REVIEW: Custom Tailored Solutions

• TaylorAtCTS
  • TaylorAtCTS
  • Loc: Memphis TN, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all, can you please review my site: http://www.customtailoredsolutions.com

Thanks guys :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site layout is pretty straight forward, you just get down to business, which is good! Your menu looks good. One comment, for the home link, you have two other options (site map and news) when you rollover, I'm not sure I like that. The home button is the home button, you shouldnt have any other submenu's for that. If you can, place a site map link somewhere else in the header, as well as the news link. You can even incorporate a site map link into the logo image you have, placing it at the bottom right. And in keeping with the logo image, I'm not sure how many other sites put the actual url address into the logo like how you have the http://www.customtailoredsolutions.com, its kind of redundant having it there. Its doesnt look bad or anything, just seems odd.

The content itself seems great. Everything is structured well and easy to follow. For the News section, when selecting Read More and reading the full article, you should have a link to go back to the previous news page. As you have it now, I'd have to use the back button or navigate there through the menu. Make it extremely easy for the user and have a back link handy.

In the Website Development section, your link to have a rep call you back is dead. Branding has no content. The title for the search engine optimization page uses engines (search engines optimization), I think it should be engine. When you describe your hosting plan, include a link to sign up. You have all those great features mentioned there and if you manage to get someone interested, make sure they can get to a sign up immediately. Under the pricing section, the link for getting a quote for website development leads back to the homepage. On the graphic design page, the link for the 2nd page opens in a new window, thats a no no.

Generally, your site is good. Gives the user all the information they need to know. You had a great section on search engine optimization and yet forgot to set your meta description/content/keyword tags. :wink: A job well done though.
  • TaylorAtCTS
  • TaylorAtCTS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks very muhc for your review! I appreciate your comments,; I belive I will make many of the changes your suggest (i.e. the dropdwon under home will change). As far as SEO on my own site, that is currently under way. Before I did that I had serious research to under go so that I can hopefully get better rankings than my competition. The content under branding will be there soon. I like your idea about having a back link after they select a news article.

Thanks m8, I will make those changes ASAP
  • pinkmiracle
  • Born
  • Born
  • pinkmiracle

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there,

to add on to the point about single link on "home" button

just 2 minor suggestions for you ...

1. colour co-ordination - i feel its a little bit "dull" (especially so for a internet web design firm) - brighter and more vibrant colours probably portray an better image for a company like yours

2. try to utilise more text links within your content to cross link within pages in your site and note the usage of <h1 >, <h2>, ... tags - these are useful in helping the spiders differentiate between what's IMPORTANT keypoints and what's plain and dull information .... helps readers to browse along as well.

regds,
pat
  • TaylorAtCTS
  • TaylorAtCTS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks pinkmiracle, I appreciate it. I think I will go back and change the <h3> tags to <h1> or <h2> and use CSS to format them. Thanks for the advice m8.
  • osama
  • Born
  • Born
  • osama
  • Loc: bruges, belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmh the colours dont really work together.... the menu us to big and the contrast in colour doesnt really work

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers