SITE REVIEW: CustomToolbarButtons for Google

• crashlmc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • crashlmc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been able to sleep since google released its new toolbar with the ability to create custom toolbar buttons. Why, this simple add-on promises to bring anything from any website to anyone from anywhere across the web.

So what did I do in my sleepless nights...

First, I immediately developed 6 custom toolbar buttons and sent them into google...

Second I started thinking, what other toolbars can I develop, how can I let everyone know about them, what other toolbars are out there (I figured google wouldn't list them all) and what do people think about my toolbars and all the others... presto.. after a second sleepless night a new site appears which aims to be the place to share, discover and discuss google toolbar buttons.

Third, I realized much later I should sleep before I build a website (the site was awful) and redesigned it to be a web 2.0 project that mashes Google Toolbar Buttons with Wikipedia, Yahoo News and Google Search to provide you with background info, news and targeted search on any topic right in your browser. It also allows you to build toolbar buttons, share your own and discuss them.

The site just got re-released today... let me know what you think...

CustomToolbarButtons.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• PurdueEngineering
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • PurdueEngineering
  • Loc: West Lafayette, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a little confused. Is the site a forum to share toolbars, or is it a place for people to download the toolbars you have made? Or is it both?
  • The7thGear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • The7thGear

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has a good look , it would look even better with a logo or banner :wink:
  • vurdlak
  • Born
  • Born
  • vurdlak

Post 3+ Months Ago

my hint is if you are starting a forum, start with less sections it will make more posts in every section, more users and then you can wider the possibilites latter. more sections with less users will often make them go away!
  • crashlmc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • crashlmc

Post 3+ Months Ago

tks for the input... i think you where right... I was absolutely all over the place... I blew up the old design and started over focusing on what i could do best...

The site is now focused on mashing google toolbar buttons with wikipedia, yahoo news and google search. The result is the site now has 2.3 million google toolbar buttons available on virtually every topic. Each toolbar "topic" links to wikipedia, gets updated news from yahoo and allows you to do a targeted search at google...

This isn't the type of site that will change the world but if you want to save some time keeping track of whats happening regarding your favorite topics it is a real cool feature to add...

Let me know what you think...

http://www.customtoolbarbuttons
  • rockafromhell
  • Student
  • Student
  • rockafromhell
  • Loc: Erie,Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

im still kinda confused on what this site is used for...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers