SITE REVIEW: DAJ.com (my band's website)

• Dustin
  • Loc: Renton, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I was looking to get some input on my site layout and design. I would like to get some tips or ideas about things I could do to improve it or if you think it's fine just the way it is.

Visit the site here

thanks for your time :D
  • poshgirl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • poshgirl
  • Loc: calif

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi!
You need more pictures of you guys. I like the colors but it looks like a forum not an artists website. It doesnt show your bands personality. Just athought.
:D
  • Dustin

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the comment :D however there are lots of pictures of us in the photo album Click here
  • lucina
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Taxco, Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am NO big expert at this - the reason I am here is because I am hoping
to get the website of the artisans cooperative I work with reviewed so
I am contributing in advance trying to give something before asking help.

(but please do not review it yet, until we are able to give it some fix-ups)

I se you have a basic functional website but anything could be plugged in
instead of your band - so now that you have something that works you
should begin to make it original - and different from all the rest of the sites.

One thing I would strongly recommend is that you use images of your faces
close up so people can see what you look like because then viewers would
have a more intimate experience, and tend to grant you a better credibility.
  • takai003
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • takai003
  • Loc: Albany, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, great colors. But like everyone else is saying it needs more of a personal feeling with a lot more pics of your band on the main pages. Honestly it just doesn't feel like a site about your band. The color scheme and layout just screams forum. And since I've never heard of your band, I have no idea what it is about. Maybe a by-line at the top explaining what kind of music you play or something.
  • bingojackson
  • bingojackson
  • Loc: Manchester UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Although I agree it could look a little less like a forum, but being built on forum software is a bit limiting. I think it's a pretty good use of phpBB. I like the overall style, and you've done a good job on the style modifications (something I'm currently struggling with for another band site). However it could use a little more content.
  • Coderx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Coderx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, good coloring, and nicly layed out.

on the home page after the sites been entered i would underline the main titles. would make it a little easier to read i think.
  • aceindigo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your color combination is not good...and looks that whold site belongs to forum ... why don't you give enough space on site by providing less text and more images...:)
  • placid psychosis
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Warsaw, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad, but other than the dark colors it doesn't convey the personality of the band. I see this comment a couple times. Nice tie-in to the forum design, though. Actually, think the images are fine as they are, you don't want to clutter the design with too many pictures.
  • Dustin

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for all the reviews :)

Though I don't see what's wrong with it looking like it was based off of a forum since that's the main attraction of the site. It's just supposed to be a place where fans can get together and chat, either about the band or other topics that may be on their mind, and also a place to get updated news about what's going on with us.

I would like to personalize it a bit more and that's why I added the intro page. I don't really know what else to do without making it look too cluttered like placid said, and the fans pretty much know what we look like from seeing us play live.

Thanks again for all the reviews! *goes back to brainstorming*
  • sebastianx
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sebastianx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lots of information. I have not seen an entry page like that in a while (of the type click to enter). I presume that this site was actually built around / consists of forums?

~S
  • dre
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dre

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, the colours are nice but i think this is a personal site if im rite? you should try using flash. maybe put some in the header?
  • lxtrung
  • Born
  • Born
  • lxtrung

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

The color of grey and orange don't really match, u might wanna find a different color combo.

Cheers.
  • rajp
  • rajp

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site design looks good. But the color combination is too dull for a band site. Also there should be some text which could catch eyes to the important features of your band.

Cheers !! Good work !! :D

http://www.global-car-japan.com
  • TrOeZeN
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • TrOeZeN
  • Loc: NeW zEaLaNd

Post 3+ Months Ago

More pictures otherwise its good
  • b34nz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • b34nz

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a pretty good site, just kinda plain and boring. it has a hint of a 1990's webpage look. i dont know how to explain what im trying to say lol.

some ideas:

you could give it a live webcam feed at your concerts so people on the web could watch. maybe even charge a small fee of some kind, depending on how popular you guys are.

under the bio, each guy should have a slew of pics and perhaps even some video clips of him on stage,at practice,backstage, at a party, etc etc etc so people can really get to know you guys.

you could have a "groupies" section or something with pics of women you guys meet at shows, that could draw some attention to your website maybe.

i don't know, im not too good at this reviewing stuff, im just tryin to get my site reviewed lol.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers