SITE REVIEW: Dating Sites that Work! - www.sites-dating.com

• dh
  • dh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone!

Site is http://www.sites-dating.com

I'm DESPERATE here... I set this up in October had lots of RSS feeds etc. No search engine picked me up. Then Yahoo did and index TONES of my pages then went to 40 overnight. I deleted my news section hoping maybe google would like my site more if it was only original content. I was wrong. It's been 5 months COUNTLESS google visits and I'm still not listed.

At the point now where I dont' want to do anythign to the site. SHould I just reopen it at another address and forward the traffic and start new? How can I run a site I wish tomake $ from SEO trfaffic if I'm not on search engines... Discourage and if anyone can help guide me I"d be ever soo happy!

Joomla is cool but it has it's "issues" you have to work with. I would recommend it to anyone though.

Not sure what I want to do with this site now. Make it a directory or.... Any thoughts anyone :D

Thanks in Advance
  • dh
  • dh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've made the same site only without the s which I'm going to try and get listed first on the engines then start adding content. I've learned the hardway that duplicate content doesn't pay and if your site won't get indexed for this type of site it is worthless.

Some more details:

Put site up; got alot of rss feeds.
Built up some original mainly duplicate content
submitted google sitemap
spyder comes over and over and over
never lists anything so i remove all the duplicate
now spider comes to new content and sometimes old removed content
remove google sitemap
same occurs
months go by still not listed on google.
  • Tekko
  • Tekko
  • Loc: yes

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey dh,

Not sure, but when google flags your site as "duplicate content", I think you would be better off with a new domain and obviously new content. Changing the domain wouldn't be a bad thing... considering that it is a dating-site Directory.

"Dating Sites Reviews" section:

-You should make the "Advice" a section of it's own. Hell, I'd even make the whole site as "Advice on Dating Sites". lol

-When I click on "Dating Sites Reviews", I'm expecting reviews.... not how many hits they got.

I know this isn't what you're probably looking for, but it's something to look into.

Good Luck

Tekko
  • dh
  • dh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Tekko,

On that note you think I'd be better off as a tips website and just aggregate dating advice / tips and have dating sites reviews as well? I"ve been thinking lately that dating directories might have been a thing from a few years ago... You'd also have to add / get LOTS of traffic yourself before others would add to your site and find value. Also easier to increase PR with quality advice? Any thoughts?
  • Tekko
  • Tekko
  • Loc: yes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey dh,

Whatever you do is entirely up to you. If you see that you're going in circles with the old site and you've exhausted every possiblity to get picked up by google or other search engines and still nothing..., I'd would say go for the other site. Also, since you now have a better idea of how google and SEO works, it won't take you as much time.
  • jonathanl3
  • jonathanl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi dh, I think the site is visually quite appealing - simple design, but still looks very decent. I'm not sure about your content though - some of it is ok, but a lot of it seems sub-standard and too short.

Like this (http://www.sites-dating.com/dating-site ... ecial.html) is less than 150 words, and really not all that helpful. I've read that at least 500 words of quality content is a good idea if you want the search engines to pay attention.

How many backlinks do you have?
  • dh
  • dh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have 76 inbound links.

If anyone is reading this... I think this was my error.

To get listed I posted my site in sigs and stuff in comments. I think it got picked up as spam. I than had RSS feeds build up ~700 pages of content all scraped. (not good). Then I thought I should rid myself of the scrapped and start fresh so I dleted the scraepd DIR"s. The engines still hunt for them though and as a result not listed.

Also if you use joomla you gotta find the PDF fix if not ALL your files come up as PDF. Gross.

What am I doing? I hve another site with a worse domain name that is on google. May build that. Or another that isn't on google but i'd like for it to be.

Thanks on the advice it is too short I should work on it. It's just hard to get a 2k7 idea and not a 2k lol
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well since the name URL of your site is sites-dating , you might as well make the site into a dating directory, maybe something like this http://www.finddatingpartners.com its a directory at the same time it talks about dating and lists other dating sites.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks nice. clean layout, pleasant colours. A good work on the design aspect.
  • SUTEKinc
  • Born
  • Born
  • SUTEKinc

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's an interesting idea to create dating sites directory in one place
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just one thing bothered me a bit ... that picture on the homepage of the woman "laughing" is a bit scary to me ... It looks as if she's going to take a chunk out of the poor unsuspecting guy's neck like in a good vampire movie!
But I like your design very much, it's awesomely clean and the colour scheme is real nifty aswell ... good job.

and you only have 2 errors on the w3c HTML validator ... That's way less than average

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers