Voting Chart

Total votes : 3

Do You Want To Return To This Site To Learn More? (To Check Visitor Royalty)

•  
    Yes - I am already interested in the site topic
  •  
    Yes - This site has sparked my interest in this topic
  •  
    No - I am interested in the topic, but don't like the site
  •  
    No - I am not interested in the topic and the site has not sparked my interest

SITE REVIEW: Dating Tips Site 1 Mth Launch 1k Visits Per Day

• nightvision
  • nightvision

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just written my first website ever. It has only been launched one month ago and is recieving 1k visits a day. please let me know if there is anything I should improve on such as if you find the too messy:

PUA Dating Advice For Men
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks alright for a dreamweaver template. It looks exactly the same as the default 3 column CSS dreamweaver template. Maybe change it around just abit because even before I viewed the source I knew it was a DW template. Maybe make it abit more vivid, change the colours and add some more images.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like the idea that the background colour changes together with the rollovers, I've never been a fan of that ...
Quote:
Beginners MUST watch this short video. Start by reading inner game and then skim through
Why does the one link in that sentence have a yellow background, and the one not?

The w3c validator found 44 errors in your coding, please check this out ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... uition.com
  • nightvision
  • nightvision

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
It looks alright for a dreamweaver template. It looks exactly the same as the default 3 column CSS dreamweaver template. Maybe change it around just abit because even before I viewed the source I knew it was a DW template. Maybe make it abit more vivid, change the colours and add some more images.

Thanks for your reply. I don;t see a problem with people seeing its a dreamweaver template as long as it is clean and neat.
  • nightvision
  • nightvision

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
I don't like the idea that the background colour changes together with the rollovers, I've never been a fan of that ...
Quote:
Beginners MUST watch this short video. Start by reading inner game and then skim through
Why does the one link in that sentence have a yellow background, and the one not?

The w3c validator found 44 errors in your coding, please check this out ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... uition.com

Hi thanks for your input.

I put the background with "watch this video" so that it grabs the visitors attention to the video. I want the video to be one of the prerequisites a person does before continuing with the site. (If you know a better way to this please let me know)

I will look into the the validator errors. By the way, will it disadvantage my website with the errors being there?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well maybe for SEO a bit, but I think seeing that you are already getting 1K visitors per day that shouldn't be a problem, but I always just feel better about myself knowing my HTML is valid ...
  • rayrip
  • rayrip

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the web site. It is a bit cluttered... it looks more like a forum.

If you're getting 1k visitors a day.. you need to make it at least a membership website.... get them interested.. tell them the free benefits they get by signing up... then let them view all that you have now.

You're probably trying to sell those books as an affiliate, right?

Get their email... take some of the great info and create an autoresponder with 10 or 30 or more emails with some of these great tips to get women... build your list.

Then in the emails you can mention these books you are trying to sell.

You can just send me a big ol commission check for this advice, because you should be able to retire soon.

Good luck.
  • Archimedius
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rayrip always seem to be giving great advice - which I had in mind

What more can I say, every thing I intended to say is already on this thread.

This website has a barn yard filled with potential and should be promoted as suggested as a membership website.

I believe content for relationship, men and women issues of the heart, intimacy, love and marriage are in high demand from a paid to write perspective. There is a sellability factor here for this website.

However, I believe the user defined experience should be revamped a bit, that is to say as I land on the page I should be looking for the sign up or login button.

The lay-out seems a bit muddy to me as my attention on the page has not been lured to any particular location on the homepage in oerder to take a required action (pardon my French if this seems a bit of a hard-done opinion.)
But overall the attempt has a familiar cash ring to it as this could be a money earner concept if the cards play themselves out.
  • nightvision
  • nightvision

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your thoughts I really appreciate your inputs

Rayrip and Archimedius, I have been considering doing newsletters. Having never done one before though, I am wondering if you could point me to the right direction. Is there any software and also resources for learning how to make it successful that you recommend?

Archimedius I want to people to start reading the site like a book by clicking firstly on the inner game link. Is this not clear from the homepage? if not have u any ideas where I could make this clearer

Thanks!
  • nightvision
  • nightvision

Post 3+ Months Ago

By the way I have also started writing articles for webmasters to use for free. Here is the first one

http://www.amazines.com/Dating/article_ ... eid=236063

What do you think!? :D
  • rayrip
  • rayrip

Post 3+ Months Ago

What you will probably want is not just a newsletter (although you can call it that), but an autoresponder. You can sign up for autoresponders and pay a monthly fee, or purchase a php autoresponder.

I didn't like the conditions (which there are plenty) for signup autoresponders, but that's just because I am trying to sync with my contact program... long story, so I purchase a php version called Sendstudio from some folks in Australia.

For your purposes you'd probably be better going to a place like Aweber. Then when folks sign up, you'll have a bunch of letters waiting that can get sent once a week... that's where you can do some promotions of your Ebooks or whatever you're trying to sell.

The book idea is great, but not for your first page... after they signup, then they get the benefits of being a member to your site.

You could have a free membership and allow them access to certain area's, and they could get a paid membership and have access to all the other area's.

By the way, how did you manage to get 1k visitors a day anyway?

I'd sure like to know that.
  • nightvision
  • nightvision

Post 3+ Months Ago

rayrip wrote:
What you will probably want is not just a newsletter (although you can call it that), but an autoresponder. You can sign up for autoresponders and pay a monthly fee, or purchase a php autoresponder.

I didn't like the conditions (which there are plenty) for signup autoresponders, but that's just because I am trying to sync with my contact program... long story, so I purchase a php version called Sendstudio from some folks in Australia.

For your purposes you'd probably be better going to a place like Aweber. Then when folks sign up, you'll have a bunch of letters waiting that can get sent once a week... that's where you can do some promotions of your Ebooks or whatever you're trying to sell.

The book idea is great, but not for your first page... after they signup, then they get the benefits of being a member to your site.

You could have a free membership and allow them access to certain area's, and they could get a paid membership and have access to all the other area's.

By the way, how did you manage to get 1k visitors a day anyway?

I'd sure like to know that.

Thanks I will look into it.

I got 1k visitors a day by notifying targetted seduction forums. So these communities were interested in the topic already. Also when they did, there were some bigger names that came in, liked my site and put my link in their front pages. Hence loads of targetted visitors.

I concentrate on providing free useful content so that people will naturally want to link to me.
  • nightvision
  • nightvision

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your reviews....

I have an incentive for you. If you review my site on your blog/site, I will link to you on a high traffic region of my front page!

I am now going to start linking to sites from my front page (In the contents area! not side panels). It is pr4 and also I get around 45k hits per month. If you want to find out how go here and follow the instructions:

http://www.seductiontuition.com/review- ... index.html

Cheers!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers