SITE REVIEW: DayDaySite.com

• daydaysite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • daydaysite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

I had just created a website for recommend a "website of the day" by daily basis, it named DayDaySite.

http://www.daydaysite.com

Please check the site and give me your honest feedback. It will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • chiara
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • chiara
  • Loc: Santa Clara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi daydaysite

I like the idea of your website, but you need to work more on creating an attractive look for it..there's no consistency between your main color and the logo colors, there are too much ads everywhere..

On the Home page I would make the featured site stand out visually somehow, right now it looks as if the featured text and 'what is dayday..' are part of the same topic..

Maybe you should make a page 'all featured sites' where you could list all winners so far

The contact us page does not link anywhere, assume you are still working on it..

The navigation bar is a bit too plain for me..also you need to add to it a 'current page' effect (i.e make it clear to the visitor which page he is currently on)

That's from me..overall, if you could find a way to isolate somehow all these ads in specific sections, not interfering with the main aim/content of your site - the site will get much better I think..

Rgds

Chi
  • daydaysite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • daydaysite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for useful comments..

I will try to make more design on the page. ;)
  • onepagefree.com
  • onepagefree.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.

My opinion is, that dayly site must be positioned at the center of the page.
I use bigger screen resolution - just have half of the screen empty.

Best wishes.
  • daydaysite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • daydaysite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks onepageree, I will try to make to justify for high resolution screen.
  • daydaysite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • daydaysite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any other comments? thx
  • d6rth7ader
  • d6rth7ader

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like your navigation bar its very eye friendly. :)

I just suggest that you center your main content.
  • daydaysite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • daydaysite

Post 3+ Months Ago

You mean center the whole page? or only the content?
  • jamjammo
  • Born
  • Born
  • jamjammo

Post 3+ Months Ago

@daydaysite: they are recommending that you center your entire layout.

The one thing I noticed immediately upon entering your site with the slow loading times. The culprit? TABLES!
And tons of them!

Rather than tell you ways to correct this, I highly recommended a quick Googling for CSS design (Cascading Style Sheets). Your use of them seems non-existant.
Your sole use of CSS was for #dhtmltooltip, however, if you work at it, you can re-create your entire site using ONLY CSS.
You should only use tables for tabular data, and be careful not to catch divitis (http://www.csscreator.com/divitis).

Here are a few links to get you started ;)
http://www.w3schools.com/css/
http://htmlhelp.com/reference/css/
http://www.htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/
  • brentjlaf
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

i love the colors and the logo/banner,

what i do suggest is shortening up the length of the text, and putting them more into columns.
  • BenS
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BenS

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the logo, it matches the templates' theme well and very nice tech look to it. Where you have showed the last 6 websites that have been recommendation of the day you could add all the past entries on a different page (if you haven't already done this) and show 6 per page or something.

When you go to a specific page (i.e. "Link Me") when your on that page the text of "Link Me" goes gray and it doesn't match the overall theme (I know this will be a little adjustment but it will make the appearance much better), I recommend making it black or a different colour that will match the templates' design and theme.

Some websites link the logo to the index of their website. I sometimes click logos on websites to get to the index as its convenient for me. I recommend you do this for your logo but make sure you put border="0" so no border is on the outside :).

The white border on the outside of the template could look better if you add a 1px line to it (to the outside of the white border) as I think this would make it look better.

Although these are my suggestions you don't necessarily need to take them into account.
  • hpatel624
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • hpatel624

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice website
  • Musical frog
  • Musical frog

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, its a useful website and its very organized and well put together. Nothing I can really see is wrong with it or there's nothing that I think you really need. Cool site :-D I'll probably check it out once in a while.
  • skouk
  • skouk

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may add a way to put comments. So you will have more interactions with your visitors.
  • Bertrand - Vombacash
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bertrand - Vombacash
  • Loc: montreal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Daydaysite,

An other element that will be interesting would be to add a rate the site feature. this will probably give your site more credibility and interest to your users.

Cheers,

Bertrand
  • reviewsandsuch
  • reviewsandsuch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your site is very welcoming, I like that whole feeling I would however add some tables to make it more organized.. or at least I'd think so
  • mtb
  • mtb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! I have high-speed and your site took a little while to load for me. The overall format was very clear and uncluttered. Useful service for webmasters to get their sites noticed.
  • israelispeculator
  • israelispeculator

Post 3+ Months Ago

First congrats for the cool idea! What I have a problem with, is the affiliate program you offer. Is there a way you could offer more options (different color for your link etc..) ? Moreover, I think you should be clearer than "will increase your chance ".

Good luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers