SITE REVIEW: DBZ Pride

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello my friend made this site about DBZ i wanted to see what u guys thought of it cuz i thought it was made very well

http://www.dbzpride.com/

comments??
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a
Quote:
HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site takes way too long to load

I'd say ditch the snowflakes. It's kind of annoying

Your site isn't scalable

Make your left navbar stand out more. Right now it just looks like plain text to me. Make it look more like a navbar

You should include an intro paragraph on your main page describing what your site is about

Cut the size of your site, the vertical scrollbars extend way past the actual content

If you only have 1 or 2 affiliates don't post empty affiliate images, it makes your site look like it's missing content

Get rid of animated gifs, they are distracting and so 1996 ;)

Why do you have a link to your splash page? I don't understand what the purpose of that would be?

Re-arrange the order of your navbar items. "Link Us" should not be a listed as a third item, Should be listed more close to the bottom of the list, same goes for Contact Us. The first 3-4 links should be content relevant links

Missing meta data

You should put a <noscript> tag for all jvs

Link to your CSS externally, same goes for all your jvs. It will help load your site much faster

Missing alt tags on images

You're declaring font & font sizes in your css but then you're using another font in various sections of your content. They are going to cancel each other out. Declare all fonts in your css to keep your content cleaner

I'm confused as to why you hare declaring a stylesheet halfway down your code? All scripts should be declared between your <head> & </head> tags not after your body tag
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
Site takes way too long to load

I'd say ditch the snowflakes. It's kind of annoying

Your site isn't scalable

Make your left navbar stand out more. Right now it just looks like plain text to me. Make it look more like a navbar

You should include an intro paragraph on your main page describing what your site is about

Cut the size of your site, the vertical scrollbars extend way past the actual content

If you only have 1 or 2 affiliates don't post empty affiliate images, it makes your site look like it's missing content

Get rid of animated gifs, they are distracting and so 1996 ;)

Why do you have a link to your splash page? I don't understand what the purpose of that would be?

Re-arrange the order of your navbar items. "Link Us" should not be a listed as a third item, Should be listed more close to the bottom of the list, same goes for Contact Us. The first 3-4 links should be content relevant links

Missing meta data

You should put a <noscript> tag for all jvs

Link to your CSS externally, same goes for all your jvs. It will help load your site much faster

Missing alt tags on images

You're declaring font & font sizes in your css but then you're using another font in various sections of your content. They are going to cancel each other out. Declare all fonts in your css to keep your content cleaner

I'm confused as to why you hare declaring a stylesheet halfway down your code? All scripts should be declared between your <head> & </head> tags not after your body tag

Your worthy of the "best website reviewer" award 613flavah!

Definatly get rid of the snow and re-organise your navigation bar. You should really have the "Forum" at the top of the list, not at the very bottom. You dont want people thinking you are desprite for emails that you have your "contact us" info page before the actual content page do you?

It did seem to take a while loading up, it shouldnt have taken that long especially as i use Broadband.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Your worthy of the "best website reviewer" award 613flavah!

I second that motion :D

-----

This index didnt load anything when I looked at it, just a bunch of dead images. The main page has the same problem, a lot of dead images, including some blank image animations which were quite annoying. Maybe you're in the midst of a rehaul. Most of my opinions were already summed up in the previous posts, maybe once the images are fixed and I can see the site more clearly, a better review can be made.
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get RID of the snowflakes....urrrgh!

The other thing is copywrite infringement. I hope you have permission to use those images!

RJ
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

kiss kiss SB & daremedy :D
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

shucks :oops:
  • horkam
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Central, KY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The snowflakes do have to go, they make my horizontal scroll pop on and off as they float off screen. Also you may want to think about matching the forum to the rest of the site. You should also drop affiliate buttons that just say affiliate. Kind of nitpicking here as most was said by 613...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers