SITE REVIEW: DEETOnline.org

• vation
  • vation

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone,
I was hoping to get some feedback on this very consumer oriented site. One of my initial concerns was that the design was to simple, which often times can be both a good and bad thing. We are in the process of redesigning the site and I would love to get any feedback regarding aesthetic and layout suggestions. Thank you very much
Don

http://www.deetonline.org
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice layout. I like the concept a lot but I have to say that I am not a big fan of the buttons that are used.... I understand that they tie in with the tabs as you go in deeper in the site...but, I'd recommend a redesign with those...to make them better match the nice color scheme you have going on the index page.

Other than that, good job!
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

love the splash. dont really like the frames though. heh also like the fact you're trying to "praise" deet, considering its hostile comeabout :)
  • Beren
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Beren
  • Loc: Lost in Wilderland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the intro page. Yet, the mouseover of the buttons (menu) top left is not very sharp... the corner gets crippled. Further on in the site there is no way (that i find) to go back to the hompage (make deet online clickable and link to home....) add a home button please. Do not like links to stay blue and underlined... typography! CSS would give a solution here. The border around the image left is quit heavy... maybe lighten it up a little.

The menu is overall simple... but i find it spread out a bit to big (my opinion). Overall nice and simple site. Would try to use css to change the typography and colors of the texts and links to finish of the whole site! Keep up the good work.
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Student
  • Student
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I concur with others about what they feel about the site.
Anways, good work!
  • pteglia
  • pteglia
  • Loc: Port Townsend, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, here is my two cents worth.

The colors from your logo and the menubar inside the site don't work very well together. I would try to use different shades of the same blue from the logo, or use a contrasting color, such as a darker yellow, or tan.

I don't like that the menu and submenubar have no mouseovers, CSS could easily fix this.

I actually have to look around to see the logo when I am inside the site, I would say that there isn't enough contrast between the logo and it's background, so it just kindof fades into obscurity. Could also have something to do with the fact that the bar of grey that it is in is the same color as the gray of my browser frame, so it looks like another toolbar of my browser.

The text could really use some styling. Specifically, make the links less obnoxious, and make the type consistent in size if it is all related, or VERY different if it isn't, such as using a bold font or changing the font for standout sections like the endorsement on the consumers page that you have italicised.

Frankly, I LOVE the graphics on the left of every page, nothing too fancy, just simple, but very clean and appealing.

Pat
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think everything in your site fits nicely. :-)
great job man!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers