SITE REVIEW: Delhi University Lifestyle

• dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

want your comments and feedback about my new website for delhi university students.

http://www.dulife.com

8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Chris-Duff
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Your site looks very nice, very neat with a clean corporate feel which does not fit very well with your logo ( DULIFE) , that is my point of view.

Chris
  • OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

i can't seem to access your site. server seems to be down... but from what i see, availability seems to need improvement ;)
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks and feels great, I like the use of bright colors!
The one thing I dont like is the google ad bar, it makes the site look a little unpro. but I do understand why it is there so...
Ian
  • cinfinity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cinfinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your logo does not match the rest of the site. Otherwise looking pretty good.
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your feedback.

I will defenately do something with logo. Right now i m busy in bug fixing soon you will able to see my new logo.
  • eyell
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agree on the logo. Does not fit the Univ. look.

It's nice and simple. Looks good!

Not too big green but the colors flow really well.
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man where do I start.

This site needs some TLC! It is super boxy...I mean I feel like I am encapsulated!

It is a very functional site, but I can feel you are a logic guy, a programmer, not a designer and your site reflects that.

Take your DUlife tag, pull some of that color through your site, trust me it will move from thinking about geometry to thinking about sticking around.

Next, get photoshop and draw a box with rounded edges, then crop that so you capture just the corners (rounded corners). Since you are the table master, take the rounded corners and put them around your site.

Bam! you have transferred some color and rounded out the edges to 75% improvement.

Next, lose the sponsored links. Your site looks like it's endorsed by Pepsi.

And for crying out loud, put a picture of some smiling students on your site. Your site will be emboldened as a friendly place if you have some friendly faces.
  • SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Karachi, Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I almost agree with frank. Please put some designer touches in the site, cause a designer can give life and attraction to a programmed/complex object or thought. ;)
  • shadow
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

1st hat's off to ya for making your site functional over design first.
Most all web designers go for design then functionality and get everything messed up. I should know i do it all the time.
And you are right it is easy to judge someone elses work but since you posted.... Twisted Evil

You have a useful site with some great information on it. A+ for effort listing and linking it all.

Here comes the but part.

Let's think user friendly here, You really have to understand what your website is about to find what your looking for. especaillly with all the neat toys on the site
You can literally click your self out of interest or just all together away from your web site

I would strongly suggest making your link pop-up as a separate page rather than forwarding to the link so you don't loose the page visitor.

In your middle cell with all the IP links , try to uniform it a bit (left margin)for text with bold font to better stand out and keep your hyperlinks links lined up as they are.

But overall I can say thanks for the great site I added you to my favs and will use the heck out of it

Good

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers