SITE REVIEW: DepthSkins.com (design company)

• soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I've been away so long from this place I missed it. Now I'm back with the reason I haven't been around.

Depthskins.com - I've been working hard on this skinning and web design company. So I'd like your critiques and comments to even better this site cuz like always...I get great reviews.

So enough chattering and onto the site:
http://www.depthskins.com
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You've made great use of the colours! Well Done! Nice logo too, except I think the text "Giving you beyond basic skinning" should be beneath "DEPTHSKINS". One of the only things I don't seem to like is having the Login Square on the right of the logo. Make the logo stretch across the whole content, and move the login down a section.

Good Job. I really like your design. Keep up the great work!
My Rating: 8/10 Stars
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for insights. Glad u like also.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great design! I looks really smooth and professional. I like the color scheme as well. As far as problems go, same ol' same ol'. Just get it W3C validated, most of the errors are just empty alt tags anyway, so no biggy.

A couple of things to look at, under the Services option, if I click on Request Custom Link or Request Banner link, it leads to a dead link on the forum. Also, when I'm in the forums, the link for the Resources option is dead. And when I do get into the Resources section, the link to the Forum is dead. Just quick fixes. The only other thing is you have a spelling error in the footer, the "Skin Tempates" link. Everything else looks great. Good job.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks alot for those insights. Will fix em soon.
  • cflraves
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cflraves

Post 3+ Months Ago

the "full view" links in the templates section arent functioning; but that could just be because the site is a "work in progress".

also, i agree with the other poster about placing the Client Login cell below the Site's logo.

Since your clients will be coming specifically to login, placing this cell in a less conspicuous location is something that would work; perhaps underneath your "QuickNav" in the lefthand column.

Other than that, the site looks great; keep it up!
  • winsonlu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • winsonlu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good job with your design,and i like your logo
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for all reviews.
Glad u like the logo. I'd move the login but it's way too much work atm. How you're suggesting it is done on the forum like that.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its easy loading and the colours are pleasing to eyes. Its looks Professional ,but why the d in title is not in capitals too? I would prefer the login a bit more down and the banner a bit larger.Both the navigations are perfect. The forums skin you got looks good but i would prefer another bigger shot of the skin on click .Its really well managed , so congrats !!
  • Madcows kill
  • Madcows kill

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have anything bad to say about the site but maybe you should move the login box to a different position in nthe nav bar.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for input and it seems everyone is not digging the box so when I have time and feel like editing over 10 pages and re-slicing...I'll definitely do it.

I'm probably gonna re-do in CSS. So yeah i'll re-do..maybe a complete re-design but honestly...the loging box is not that big a deal...is it?

I love when you guys comments and i normally make the changes but it's just too much this time for me to do...not like it's your fault. Again...is it that big a deal?
  • Madcows kill
  • Madcows kill

Post 3+ Months Ago

not that big a deal but it might make it look a bit better
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah...i get the idea. I'll move it and re-do in CSS a little later. Hopefully. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers