SITE REVIEW: DepthVision Designs

• soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is our hosting site that i put together along with everything else. This is something a bit different for me and i was trying to get a professional look. Not so sure if i did that. Let me know what you all think. lots more link has to go in but the basics are up. I'm sure you can judge on that.

http://services.depthvision.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice one soulseek3r,
:D
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow that's very cool! awesome job! :)
  • jayhawk1746
  • jayhawk1746

Post 3+ Months Ago

awsome graphics. awsome nav. awsome overall site. 10/10
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

one problem. It does not display correctly in Mozilla Firefox. everything is messed up in firefox. if i get a free min, ill look at your code and see if i can figure this out.

poly
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh wow it is messed up in firefox!
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

actually i was messin with it just now so that's what u saw...
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

actaully i just test it in Frifox and it's all good but in IE i seemed to have screwed something up
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok...it's fixed now...should be better.
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice design. Good looking company. I'm going to recommend it to others. If I weren't using 1and1 right now I might even switch to your service.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

soulseek3r,
How good is your support:
Is support different i.e more support for your 'Gold vision' than your 'bronze vision'...?
Will you be creating a support forum - not a forum for *kids would it even be a support forum - supported by yourself - or any company admins:
Would you expect your members to solve their own problems when any upgrades of your servers take place and there are errors.
Will you install PHP5 in the near future..? this version creates problems with the scripts like Invision board and some other scripts in Fantastico.
Before I even think of a recomendation for my friends to move to your hosting I would like you to answer my questions. they may seem strange to you but believe me they do need answering.
Thankyou for your time.
:)
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

ah yes....support..it's all about it, half your money is for that. So let me answer your questions
Firstly, the support is not different from each other and extends evenly to all subscribers.
Secondly, Yes i do intend on creating a support forum that's all about the packages and designs and for all your hosting problems.
I do not expect members to solve all their problems but our support goes as far as our area of expertise.
No I don't have any idea of installing PHP5 anytime soon.

Now, an overall comment.
We've just launched this part of our site. I'm trying to implement all the necessaries so that service could be top notch and able to compete. I'm impressed that you all like the look of the company and helping spread the word. As a result of that and not wanting to make your word sound bad i'll make the support and everything else as best as I can.
Thanks and keep the comments comming.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you soulseek3r,
Please don't let your values slip once you get a large community of members at your hosting. as members its us that put a meal on your table. we make the difference if you go to Blackpool or the Malaysia (instance only) see what I mean soulseek3r..?
Now I have had a bad experience this is the reason for my questions and thank you for taking the time to answer those questions and the time it took to answer them.
I hope now I can recommend your hosting to my many friends.
Good luck soulseek3r
:)
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Yes you can recommend me and i will do my utmost best to give quality support. The support forum is already in place and soon the helpdesk for a ticket system.
Demo CP comin soon also. You've given me the encouragement to do better. Thanks. Glad to answer your questions.
  • ajatwood
  • ajatwood
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man I'm not going to lie I stared at your template at least 30 minutes trying to pick it apart as if I was doing it my self.

And you have done some decent work trying to build your hosting site and make it unique in a flooded market.

The biggest thing that stands out to me. is the hosting packages them selves. I would strongly suggest changing the server pictures to match your header... as in the modern computer look on your page header then the plain jain standard picture of cases on your packages.

I also noticed you have waisted some space that could be used as a great place to put monthly specail's or a package you are trying hard to push.

You have your package links to the left,,, well everyones gonna click there simply according to the prices...just by surfers instinct to get to the nutz and blots of the company's site......

Then in the center you have a almost a repeat of the packages, with a very short (to short) package desciption... save that for the link pages.
It would look a lot better from a sales point of view to use the middle section for pushing package (i.e) monthly specials, domain names or even news and events type deals to make you exsisting customers comeback to your site and ...who knows maybe upgrade (CHA,CHING) ect...
that will also give you a more personal touch to the site and not make you look so much like a reseller as a true hosting company

but hey that's just my 2cents

Good luck Aj
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you so much for your 2 cents...that's why i love ozzu. Your commments are very good. I thought about what you said before about the packages in the middle. So I'll move them and since you think the server pic aren't modern enough i'll do a change. I know about the waste of space but i'm doin this one at a time as i set up a the business. Thanks for our 2cents again...it adds up.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks soulseek3r,

Quote:
Yes you can recommend me and i will do my utmost best to give quality support.

Course I will.. now according to ajatwood lol you still have much work in front of you - I'll be back to watch whats happening to you lol
:D
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes well that didn't take me long. I'm now working on the support and help desk. After that I'll create a demo CP. While doin all that the Payment process is going to be done. So there, everyone sees my work plan...lol:)
  • ajatwood
  • ajatwood
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Changes look good

if you need a support ticket ssytem here is the one I use

http://www.onezero.com

I think you may find a mod for invision board thats has support tickets
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed you are using frames because when I clicked on the "here" on the first page where it talks about 2 months of hosting for free it opened up the whole site page in the little box! I wouldn't have used frames in the first place cause they are, well, ick. But if you plan on continuing the frames, use target="_blank" in the links!
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes i saw that...thanks i'll fix the frames.
About the ticket system i've already got a really cool one. Comes with my hosting:) Check it if u like it's on the support page. Just click the support ad at the bottom.
  • George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some points

1) The homepage loads slow. Even when cached it was still slow.

You could try compressing your images more.

As a start, go here http://www.netmechanic.com/accelerate.htm and use the FREE gifbot tool, which analyses the efficiency of your images in relation to the loading of your site.

Also, you’ve got something like 51 unique images (items according to the IE) on your home page alone. That’s your problem right there. Don’t be scared to substitute text for images – you can still create a perception of professionalism while adhering to your sites ambience and atmosphere.

2) Impressive artistic banner but the site name gets lost in the camouflage. You need a double-take to see it properly.

3) From a SEO perspective you need to work on your site optimisation. I realise you just put the site together but you should still implement a few basics.

- Give the title of your page a good description – DepthVision Designs won’t cut it. Keywords you could target in your title – affordable webhosting, website design, etc.

-Your totally missing the description and keyword meta tags. Get something going there.

4) http://services.depthvision.net/services.php à the blue scheme seems overwhelming. Break it up with some white.

5) Your ‘Depthvision Graphic Community’ image needs fixing – you can hardly read the white font. Its both too small and a tad blurry.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the advice. I will take your advice especially about the optimization and meta tags. The tags were gonna go in, just didn't get around to it. The optimization is a must tho.

I was basically focusing on my help center system. So now it's up. i'm gonna get aorund to that.
  • pixelsmedia
  • Born
  • Born
  • pixelsmedia
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

Nice design here. A bit too much blue, could use some some different color as the background. Also, cannot clearly read whats written on the banner. Maybe, it should stand out a bit more. Otherwise all is nice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pixelsmedia.net
www.templatearcade.com
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, i really love the layout, great style, great use of colours, and great organisation in where you put your content and links, i really like this layout, it's very smooth looking and professional, keep up the good work!!!

amazing!
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks all
the header is now fixed...thanks guys i also think it's much better this way. Those who saw it before let me know what u think. Keep the comments rolling in. :)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

What does this have to do with anything:

" You see we are Guyanaese based so we know your needs."
  • bannerpad
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bannerpad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great looking website and great design. I was wondering though that for someone without high speed internet, it may take a long time to load all the graphics.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i'm working on the gfx...that guyanese thing wasn't me...i took it out.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok for those of you who've been watching. I have now completed the site with everything i think it should have but we're all not perfect...that's why i'm here.

Support:
Fully Active with Hlepcenter and live chat.

Billing:
Totally secured using Paypal payment system.

All accounts active within 2days.

It's complete :lol:
Only thing I'll be doing is to get the main as optimized as I can for fast loading and whatever else anyone finds wrong.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 41 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers