SITE REVIEW: DepthVision

• soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i'd like to know what you guys think of my layout for my site. Let me know all the ways i can make it better.DepthVision
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• softstor
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • softstor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site was a little slow to load and I recommend that you say something on the main page what the site is all about.
  • head stash
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: hiding under my desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

i assume you already are aware that the tutorial page wont load, not sure whrat the site is all about....but its nice eye candy!!!
  • emitind.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: england

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice curves :wink:

get rid of the scroll bars in the iframe
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site itself has interesting eye candy. I can't help but notice, however, that the woman in the middle is...well, unecessary. I mean, unless its your significant other or something, it really has no purpose as it's just there and taking up space.

Other than that, its not bad at all. I like the color scheme and the interface itself is simple - which is great.

:)
  • wozza
  • wozza
  • Loc: Rare-Extreme

Post 3+ Months Ago

slow loading time but the banner is impressive!

I think expanding your menu of links might be benificial, the more content the better
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys. i've been waiting for some good C&C for this layout. The woman will be removed. The scrolbars will be dealt with but the expanding of the links will definitely come in V2. don't know about now.

thanks alot guys.
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the menu at the top of the page (the one with the image rollovers), when you hover over the link the image seems to move slightly to the left, if this was intended then ok but i just thought i better point it out incase it is a mistake, but otherwise great.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah it was intended.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

damn...i had to look way back for this post.Anyways i would love for you guys to check this now. it's been through a drastic change. we've integrated the forum into the site so it's a bit more interactive. check it.
  • jaz d
  • jaz d

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is fine and by the way the layout (template) is really good!!!

jaz d
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

whoa...hold on there star. i'm not a master at this but i definitely don't use templates. never did and never will. i've designed that layout from scratch and i've got the psd file to prove it. Thank god for psd.

thanks for the reviews
  • DRicher
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DRicher

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the look of the site.

2 Minor things:

1. The white box with news etc in it: I is so solid compared to the other elements on the site that it seems out of place. Maybe change it's colour to a really light blue background..just barely perceptable.

2. The Nav bar is cool but I find the grey line through the grey text hard on the eyes.

Other than that it's fab!

Nice work
Dave
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys the links are working and other pages are up. It's 80% complete and now is where your C&C should come in, before we complete it. so check me out please and thanks.
  • _sevenone
  • _sevenone

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the splash page a lot. Couple things: the login at the top...seems like it's taking up way too much space. Maybe it would fit in better if it was under the header or something? Also I'm not real big on that font used for "Latest"...reminds me of Iron Maiden. The flash in the tutorials section looks really nice, but took a long time to load and I'm on 3Mb cable. I like the site. It really does look nice, just a couple minor things really.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the others that don't like the login box at the top. WAY TOO big.
I don't have a problem with the "Latest" font, in fact, I think it fits well with the site, though as an old school Maiden fan, it seems "used"

The other things I don't like:
Your news column has these REALLY nice curves on the right side, but the effect is lost because of the square backgrounds around the individual news items. Perhaps you could break them up some other way, maybe put some kind of bar graphic between news items and let them keep the regular background of the column?

The Shoutbox reloading. That is ANNOYING AS HELL in IE, and puts unneeded load on your server. I figure, if the user wants to see new shoutbox posts, let them refresh.

Other than that, I really like the design of the site. It's visually appealing, but not to active to be distracting.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys i'll look into it. we plan to change the interface of the news box anyways.
For the guy who said they have 3mb cable. dude i feel sry for u. I'm on a crappy broadband connection and the first time it loaded it took like a min or so and now that's it's cache it takes seconds.
Thanks for comments. More are always welcome
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

all i have to say is wow i honestly thought that the site was awesome the main page was excellent a real "attention grabber" great job 2 thumbs up

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers