• Loser
  • Loser
  • willstein
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

i thought the site was great!!!!!
then i heard the music.

honestly, i tried to stand it.
then i found the stop button and stopped it.
but it kept reloading every time i went to a new page.

the site really does look fantastic, just that music needs to go.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

KILL THE MUSIC!!! People don't want to hear that, especially on every page load.

Thumbnail some of those works. You have enormous pics next to tiny text. You may want to thumb your different works into galleries that can be enlarged on clicking.

Too much empty space at the top. Huge logo in the upper left, circular looking design in the upper right...and LOTS of empty space in between. Shrink things down, move them over or add something in between there.

Use proper English. Words like "Designz" won't get you taken seriously.
  • Marcus
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: NYC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The scrolling at the top is attrocious, you need to use the space better as much of it seems wasted in the middle. I like your color choices - and overall I give your website a c+ just from its general look and feel.
  • d.bdesigns
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: South London

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh i see my bro has added my site ... thanks for all the comments from willstein and northjersey78 and i have tried to do what they have and i am new to all this and just a beginner Marcus i will try my best but i am using a free website provider and i cant do much with the top .. if i could i would would have filled it all up lol ... well my site has a new look because of these post and i thank you very much for telling me were i was going wrong thank you :lol: :lol:
  • Mercury175
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site seems sound enough.
One thing I might say tho is its not particularly 'buzzin' especially when considering you are advertising graphical design. Also, might be an idea if the scrolling marquee died after a couple of trips as peeps can tend to get nauseous. Also ur title marquee code seems to be ineffective.

Good luck with it tho.
  • d.bdesigns
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: South London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Mercury for the comments .. im working on that know .. thanks ... should i just let it scroll across then stop .. probably the best .. anyways it is very dead at the moment especially when i want it to start my freelance business with it ... well im on a major advertisement scheme and hopefully it might work :roll: :roll: thanks for the comments and nice to see some one from good old england
Thanks
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

the text is too plain, especially for a design site

take a look at http://www.thewebmachine.com and use apply some of those text effects to ur menu, maybe search for some cool templates

also, make ur d.b banner wider
  • Danny
  • Danny
  • Loc: Minnesota, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your logo in the left needs anti-aliasing, and looks like your site should have a style sheet. And wheres the famous work!! :wink:
  • DuffMan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portland, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

My honest opinion is just "ehhh". It looks likes you have skills but you aren't implementing them like you should. For starters, I don't like how the main page is set up. It reminds me too much of one of those "Win big now for free" kind of sites, because you have the vote for me links. I agree with what was said about the scrolling at the top, it's obnoxious.

Again, not trying to be a dick. This is my honest opinion, "tough love"! :o
  • -LynX-
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • -LynX-
  • Loc: Liverpool , UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site nice and simple really easy 2 read and the navigation is easy to understand
  • babel

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a closer look @ your site. :
i find it 2 boring to look at
Not much to look at.
The navigation menu is very simple. I can see you have good skills @ Photoshop, why not use it on the navigation menu and the buttons.
The long ball at the right page with the long line why not move it to the left and the navigation menu over it, without the navigation box, and maybe add some nice touches to the buttons to fit the colors and for the site.

I also think that there are not much to contents on it. try to add more thinks so the visitor take his time viewing the site.

Sorry for the negative reply, I tell what i see, so you can make it better.

but Good work for now :D
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also think that need to work on the space at the top, the way your flash scrolls is way to slow, if you want to get people excited about your work you need to pick up th pace, make an nteresting layout and loose the boarders
  • thehostplanet
  • Born
  • Born
  • thehostplanet

Post 3+ Months Ago

very dark website, make it eye friendly... :)
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with that last one as well.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

i am sorry to say but people may have seen you artwork, i havn't, but the site does not show what you can do if you are a good artist.

it seems like a plain website to me, nothing moves and no fancy graphics which would normally grip someone.

the navigation needs to be improved and the marquee effect needs to go, perhaps a .gif/.swf header, but not marquee.

its seems like a geocities website, not in a bad way, perhaps this is you first site.

so, things to improve:
1)sort out the graphics, make some new ones, perhaps even go mad, make the very different than normal, the site will be recognised more.

2)The title of the page needs fixing, its has the code for marquee wrong and the code shows (i dont know the code because i am new to html :P )

3)each table has a title, the background for the title could be spruced up a bit with some photoshop/fireworks images.

4) remove the "Vote for d.b designs" bit, seems a bit silly from my view.

5)"d.b?esignz?003?opyright?".....lol, just remove it

6) at the left and top of the page there is alot of open space (mentioned before) try adding some nice graphics to the top, and perhaps a weblinks table under the navigation, to fill it

well, all i gotta say, take my review as you will ;)

Nucleo
  • osa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use Mozilla, black space on header :(

Too white logo with sharp borders in the middle when page loaded.
I like dark background too.
  • cerio
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

In general I like the look of the site, though perhaps a little boxy and sparse.

The db Designs logo (the largely white, rectangular one) says db on it twice, just the larger db on it, with the word Designs below, would perhaps be nicer but that is just my personal preference, not what I'd call an error.

The 'Click Here For Image' boxes irked me... no thumbnails of the actual images to tempt me to click and view them, so I soon lost interest and didn't bother. With thumbnails instead, I would have known if I wanted to click to see an enlargement. Just 'Click Here For Image' was too pot-luck for me to want to look, to be honest. The 'Click Here For Image' graphics were very large and dominant too, not sure why.

The font in the body does not really flatter the site. It's a tad word processor. It might be better done to match the menu or something. In the Logos page, you seemed to start with one font then change to another, with yet another at the very bottom.

My main problem is with the spelling (studing??), grammar (work what i have done???), punctuation and general syntax. I think, if you want to seem professional, you need to get that sorted out. Some of those things, like the spelling errors, make it look like you don't check your work. No-one will hire a designer who applies no quality control or can't structure a sentence well. I'm not sure if you are using Dreamweaver MX or not but it has a built in spell-checker. Word will help with the grammar etc, to some extent, if you have no-one handy to do that for you.

I did like your top section with the swirl plus company name and the design down the right side. (Todays, however, should be written as Today's in that, it needs the apostrophe). I don't actually see the need for that AND a logo like the white/blue rectangular one, just one or the other but, again, that's just my personal preference.
  • stfu
  • stfu
  • Loc: russia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey there :)

i like the top right thing, it looks good
but the whole site looks kinda too blue.. blue here and blue there and everywhere! o_O not enough of shades of blue maybe, and maybe some gray would look nice with it
also too much empty space.. way too much..
and your navigation bar/menu isnts connected with the whole page, maybe you should let it go down, like with the top right thing?
and maybe put these main boxes abit closer to each other?

just a thought, keep it up!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers