SITE REVIEW: Designer Selections

• designbuild
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • designbuild
  • Loc: River Falls, Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just finished the shell of this site and will be adding a lot of products after our next meeting with the clients. ANy ides would be great. The company had very little to show what there image was so I went with this.

http://www.designbuildmedia.com/ds_index.htm
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

"We proudly except" should be "We proudly accept" the following credit cards. (Crazy english, eh?)

I think the site could use a bit more colour/graphics to liven it up a bit. The top and left-hand menu seem rather plain. The body is good - keep it nice and simple.
  • CrackedProductions
  • CrackedProductions
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is quiet plain, but in my personal opinion it's not to plain, it get's the point across and doesnt over exadurate anything, just nice and calm site.

The nav bar on the left I don't like how it looks completly seperate of the template(or w/e u call it, I'm still learning). I can't tell if this was on purpose or not, but either way, it doesnt look like it was meant to be, I would size the nav bar down to get it to fit within that area with out popping out the sides like that.
How you do that nav bar is of course up to you, but personally I would just get rid of the little box you have surrounding the links and just ad them there, probably not the best fix, but simple and would deff be better in my opinion
  • paqizeuk
  • paqizeuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Half of the site is in english, and the rest is in a different language, i noticed this after going through a couple of the links, i'd suggest using paypal to process your orders aswell, and add a buynow icon linking to the paypal site, and by doing this, you would allow the user to trust in you, also he site doesnt look so flashy, so you wouldnt have to buy an ssl certificate to make transactions as thats what a customer would expect from a flashy site, apart from that, good work.
  • corduroy090
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • corduroy090

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find the left menu bar is a bit awkward looking, I would try to clean it up a bit. Also 'custom' and 'stock' linked words in the body copy are not effective since you force the visitor to mouse over them before they can even see the word.

I would also revisit the color scheme.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers