SITE REVIEW: HF Designz (2nd site)

• Jepps98
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Umm, not exactly sure...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, It's me Jepps98 again and I am making a design website. the url is http://hf-designz.tk -please be descent in the review, but also Spoof helped me so give him credit as well 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that the green hover on the links really goes with the rest of the site, but that is just my opinion. I really like your banner though, and the rest of the site looks pretty good too.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your load up time is a tad, just a tad, long. Not extremely noticeable so nothing to be fussed over too much. You may want to bring out that halo freaks text out a lot more in your header. I'm not sure if I like both halo freaks and halo designs in the header, makes the site title conflict a bit. Your menu looks too forced with those ---> arrows for each menu option. Not very professional. And as mentioned, the green font on the mouseover clashes with the dark background and makes the text invisible-ish. In your menu you have an option for turtoils. Is that a halo thing or did you mean tutorials? I'm not into halo, so pardon my ignorance if its something else. Most of the site is unfinished but the layout is there. Generally a good site with a good design, although the pop-ups gave my pop up blockers a fit. Add your meta content/description/keywords tags and try and keep your css and javascript in separate files and reference them into your code. Great site.
  • Dr R
  • Dr R

Post 3+ Months Ago

must agree with the green hover colour. Greens can be a touch difficult to read. A similar blue to the header picture would work well. Also the scroll bar colour should be change to match.
  • jleane
  • jleane

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the load times problem. Im in Australia on cable and it took a fair while to load - probably your host. As for the actual site - not bad, I would suggest you add some more content to your main page. I also dont like the font Times New Roman outside of a word processing atmosphere, but thats just me i think...
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Load time is ok (I guess that problem is fixed now).

The main problem I have is that I enter your site and I have no idea what this website is about... Obviously, I can only draw conclusions after I browse through - but only because I'm trying to come up with a review - other users would have moved on.

Try throwing in some color...it seems as though your afraid to leave the "grey area" you've established with your color pallette.

Your banner needs a bit more work and detail...I can barely make out a couple of figures. But is this the type of designing I am going to see/get from you? Grey-scale color tones with sketchy figures? Thats the impression I'm getting...

Just some comments to help take a different perspective on things.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why do I read a "2006" on the bottom, and you forgot the copyright glyph.

With images on, you have a huge 800-pixel wide banner, which shows that you have no respect for people with unmaximized windows filling up half a 1400x1050 monitor or just all people with unmaximized windows or even anybody with an 800-dot-wide screen. Your main page is about 40 KB, and that is too slow for the majority of the Web.

I turned off images and got very light, unreadable text on a white background. Hence, I give a 0/10.

What's a turtoil?
  • spintwo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • spintwo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Um...yeah. What is the 2006 supposed to mean? Did you develop this in the future and bring it back ot the past?

Your green hover for links are impossible to read, your main body section of the site doesn't align up with the banner making it look tacky, and there isn't quite enough contrast between your background and your font color.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers