SITE REVIEW: DesSoft

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.dessoft.co.za

This is a site i'm almost done with ... it's for the company I work for ... The boss wanted me to put all that info on the index page ... I didn't have anything to do with it ... I would've liked to keep it much cleaner than that.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Spanzer
  • Born
  • Born
  • Spanzer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I like the logo and menu section at the top but the content on the front page isn't cutting it for me. Your right needs to be cleaner! You have some nice ideas going on but is there any way you can fix the front page, rearrange those images into a more visual appealing and formated display to the viewer?
That would really add to the first impression to visitors.

I like where it is going =)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really need someone's help with this, I went to the w3c validator, and I've still got 3 errors, I cant seem to get them away, I don't know if I chose the incorrect DOCTYPE or what it is exactly, I would just really like to sort it out.
If it helps... I use Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 express to write the pages and their all "*.aspx" pages.

The link to the validator is ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... soft.co.za
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

you should smoothen a bit more the edges of the logo. you can see few pixels around the edges.

I also suggest changing the font color on the bars, or make the gradient on those bars to go to grey or something else instead of white, which is the same color used for text.

I suppose until it is finished you`ll add some style to footer text links no? :)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I just first want to sort out those errors on the validator, i don't like a page that's got errors ...
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
Yeah, I just first want to sort out those errors on the validator, i don't like a page that's got errors ...

The errors are quite simple to fix.

Quote:
Line 60 column 44: value of attribute "ID" invalid: "_" cannot start a name.

When you view the source on line 60 you have this:
Code: [ Select ]
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="...

As the error states the attribute ID cannot start with _

That falls in line with the third error as well.

The second error states that border is not an attribute. You can define a "0" border in your CSS by adding this.
Code: [ Select ]
img {border: none;}

Then you can remove border="0" on your images.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx for that img thing, I didn't even think of that (?) hehe!
Those VIEWSTATE errors I'm still not sure how to fix ... This is what happens ...
I code in "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express" and I have an ImageButton (LogIn\LogOut) which changes whethr the user is logged in or out, and the viewstate code isn't in my original code ... only in a browser (when the browser generates the code), so I'm not sure where I can change that ... If you do know, please guide me here ... Thanx!
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

RT, it's really not so horribly cluttered I think if you gave yourself a little more pad between the left column and the content it would help. Also could you label and perhaps throw a border around the scrolling text on the top left. It took a minute to load and I thought you just had a weird gap. If you moved the who's online up next to the login and register you could align the tops og the 2 columns which I think would give a nice constant.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the border idea, that's rel cool ... and that "number of users online" thing feels really in the way there, so yeah, that's a good move ... I didn't actually want it in the site, but my boss insisted ... oh well!
Thanx man!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers