SITE REVIEW: Destined.rx9.us

• Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.destined.rx9.us

My site is to promote the free games my friends and I are making. Tell me what you think. I must tell you to ignore the first set of java script in the HTML, it is a script in progress that I wont finish untill later.
  • Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

didnt see anything wrong with the java script but that may be because im on dsl...
anyways on with the review
hmmm oohh ya.. forgot lols.. got sucked into the classic mario game for a few minuts til i died because it was playing uber fast lols and i couldnt controll mario
anyways frames are bad in some cases for people who dont have browsers that support them..
browsing is difficult because you have to use the big scrolling thing and all the links are spread out so far.. i believe they need to be closer together.. maybe edit that picture to be smaller? like the size of the text?
the top left corner image that sais destined industries is to sqaured off you know what i mean? its gotta glow and have its flow on :-p or just dim down the glow a bit
on your ultimates page... maybe making them tables the same size and dont put the downloads in term of bytes.. your guests will have no clue what that is.. kb will work though :)
i wanted to download them but it wouldnt let me sadly enough
get rid of the img border on the img's inside the tables
i rate the site 6/10 good job :)
  • Spin-Zero
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Spin-Zero
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked it, although I agree with Blades comments on the frames. Spiders don't particularly care for frames either, so you might weant to consider another format if you ever want to improve your page ranking. Although personally, I like the way they make the page flow.

I'm not a fan of green, either. But I gotta say, it looks great on your site. Stands out well and the text is easy to read. However, as I commented on another site, the blue text on your 'Links' page is tough on me old eyes. I can't read it. But, then again, the description is quite clear, so maybe I don't need to be able to actuallyread the link-name anyway.

And just out of curiosity; at the bottom-left of your page, the first two 'Fierce Destiny' links open the 'Under Construction' page within the frame, but the third link ('Background') opens a new page. Not sure if that was by design or just an oversight.

Overall I give it a definite thumb's up, mate!!
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Birmingham England

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, i didnt have any problems with the javascript

One thing that i didnt really like was the lack of color. Everything is in green (most things). The links IMO should be another color, they should stand out, i had a problem finding them.

I do like the "transparent look" scrollbar.

Only thing wrong with ya site is the lack of color as i said, i found it hurt my eyes after a while.

Overall, a nice site!
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any one have suggestions for a link color that matches the rest of the site, but is easy to pick out of from the rest of the text?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are methods to choosing color schemes. Try this link out.

http://www.pixy.cz/apps/barvy/index-en.html
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

Review:

Positives:
-Good content
-Colour scheme is a bit extreme, but consistent

Negatives:
-Looks amateurish
-Frames are usually not a good idea
-If are going to use frames, try to make it so you don't have to scroll through the left frame to access other pages
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

It may look a bit amature, but I am only 15, and I think frames are easy to navigate, thogh a few browsers don't support them.
  • xNiVxLaCx
  • Born
  • Born
  • xNiVxLaCx

Post 3+ Months Ago

how u do that stuff...me a complete newbie...dont know squat...
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am taking an HTML class, but my teacher often refers to me for a tag every now and again. I don;t like my HTML class though, I get used. Bassically, I am in a class full of morons. Any who, that was totally off subject. lol
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

xNiVxLaCx wrote:
how u do that stuff...me a complete newbie...dont know squat...

Buy a book or two. Read it. Good luck with html.

Review: decent website. Get rid of frames. Give it a more business-like feel. You might only be 15 years old, but your webside doesn't have to show it. The green's are bad. Try for more balance. Contrast is cool, but too much is overkill.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

just a question...
when i was on one of your games, the score board was linking to http://www.vladdracworld.com ....why?..
he is a friend of mine, and he has the exact same game on his site.
so why is the score board linking to it?
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is interesting sonire, is that those games I found as open source on another site. Maybe you would like to explain this more. I have had these games on my site for awhile, what is even more confusing is why nucleos sites high scores are linking to my high scores. And what is even more interesting still, is that now on your site...the link isn't working for the 'flash games' in the menu.

If you are one of the designers of the games, my apoligies for what i previously stated. If not then you better not post those games and state that you are developing them.

Can anyone explain to me why nucleos high score table was linking to mine? I don't want to think or say what I might imagine why that is.
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

My apologies dude. I linked your games from my site. I have now removed those games. Just to let you know, I didn't take credit for making them. Destined Indusries doesn't make a habbit of stealing. Sorry. With your permission, I would like to add your home page to my link page.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats cool, you should definately have asked me, bandwith costs me money you know. No hard feelings.

btw, if you really want those games they are open source.... http://www.neave.com
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

awwwwww everyones friends again now :) that gives me a kind of warm fuzzy feeling inside
  • arashsami
  • Born
  • Born
  • arashsami
  • Loc: Iran

Post 3+ Months Ago

like the site but I dont like green much, Whole work is cool.
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'll deifinitely check out the open source so you don't have to worry about my visitors hacking down your bandwidth.
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of people don't like the green, but when I release the game, you will see why it is black and green.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey black and green are my favorite colors
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same here (I noticed we have the same exact style scroll bars on our sites)
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

I changed the link color on my site. I'm still trying to figure out what to do as far as frames. Oh, and I went to that site for the open source flash games. I put them on my site, instead of hotlinking to Vladdrac's site, but when I played tetris, the highscore thing had other people's names on it. I'm not sure what it was doing, but let me know if it was going to your site still....
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

There should be some clear instructions on how to install the high scores either in the download or the website. You of course, need to have php on your server or sql
  • samson
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

8) A very nice site you have here

Would you like to have a special link exchange with me?
looking forward to see more of your development, cya.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers