SITE REVIEW: Dirdle.com

• wonshikee
  • wonshikee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please spare a few minutes to check out my new site and tell me what you think. Any feedback is appreciated!

Thank you.

We are also offering a free domain every month to the best article submitted to us, check it out if you're interested.

http://www.dirdle.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and simple design. I love bars that have that texture. They`re my favourite.
Why is your section called web tutorial if it deals only with php and mysql? I also think this section is kind of outdated, or not so original I should say. You can find php+mysql tutorials even on toilet paper inside an internet cafe.

Those Seo resources all grouped together probably come in handy to newbies, but nobody else will probably read them.

You have 3 different articles` categories, which split into even more, and you have only 3 articles. The bad thing about this navigation category>subcategory>subcategory> .... > article is that the user has to click a lot of times to get to the actual content.

The home page also has that area of recent articles. That area is the most important thing of your website, which is about articles, and you gave it 10% of the homepage? This is way to low.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx for this site, I found some really interresting stuff there ... kept me busy for quite a while ... So for content i give you a thumbs up ... I'll check for design a bit later ... I've got work to do now ... Hehe
  • wonshikee
  • wonshikee

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="righteous_trespasser"]Thanx for this site, I found some really interresting stuff there ... kept me busy for quite a while ... So for content i give you a thumbs up ... I'll check for design a bit later ... I've got work to do now ... Hehe[/quote]

I'm glad you enjoy the content - very backwards from what others say (telling me i need more content).

I am working on adding more content - just very busy atm.
  • peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design, layout, colors... all esthetically appealing... good job.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. As far as more content, I think it could use some more but not a whole lot more. Most people don't understand the importance of white space. How if your eye is overstimulated you'll get tired of looking faster. Can I suggest a couple of things?

I would take the reflection off of the description text in the header, reserve that for your logo. If it is the only thing there with the reflection it will stand out more.

Also the search button seems a little out of place with the lines through it. If you made it without the lines like the yellow boxes on the right side of the active nav buttons I think it would look better as far as feel and consistency go.
  • texxers35
  • texxers35

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it!
  • wonshikee
  • wonshikee

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="CXLink"]Nice site. As far as more content, I think it could use some more but not a whole lot more. Most people don't understand the importance of white space. How if your eye is overstimulated you'll get tired of looking faster. Can I suggest a couple of things?

I would take the reflection off of the description text in the header, reserve that for your logo. If it is the only thing there with the reflection it will stand out more.

Also the search button seems a little out of place with the lines through it. If you made it without the lines like the yellow boxes on the right side of the active nav buttons I think it would look better as far as feel and consistency go.[/quote]

Thanks alot for your feedback,

I agree on the reflection - definately a good call.

I'm not positive what you've meant by the 'yellow boxes on the right side of the active nav button'.
  • Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not as impressed as some of the others. I think you're off to a nice start.

First, it's unclear who you are trying to reach. The statement, "Dirdle is a free resource center dedicated to answering all your questions. Expand our knowledge base by sharing your wisdom!" is insanely broad (note: you say nothing about web, nothing about SEO). You need to refine this down to a single line of text that is much more digestable. Your title does a much better job than your tag line, so you might start from there.

Second, the contest appears to be the most important object on the site. Do you want people to come for the contest, or come for useful information?

I think that sites like yours can be a great resource. I used sites like this, so I think you're heading in a good direction. I've included some links for your reference. They aren't all exactly like yours, so they should give you some perspective.

http://www.tradetricks.org (clean, useful, easy navigation)
http://www.instructables.com (attractive, focused navigation, vast - yet digestable)
  • wassabi
  • wassabi

Post 3+ Months Ago

very simple and elegant, would be great as a jewelery store design.
  • tecfl18
  • tecfl18
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks comfortable but quite simple. I cannot go to other pages. It seems that you are updating your site. Do you think that you need add meta keywords and edit your the description to make us of these tags? :)
  • davidcoh26
  • Born
  • Born
  • davidcoh26

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't understand, your website is just one post?!!!

If yes, ok, it's clean ;-) but it's not a Website, is just a page parking..
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Student
  • Student
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I assume you've changed the site completely since first uploading? Can't find any content...
  • karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

No Good, First of all it is not clear what your website is all about.

Yes, you have a nice and simple design, but please do mention in home page what your website is all about.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers