SITE REVIEW: directorystation.com

• infoscripts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just created a new website called http://www.directorystation.com
Could you give me some feedback on the layout, design, colors and time loading. Thanks very much!
(don't hesitate to submit your links for free as well :) )
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey info....the site layout is good. The theme seems like a yahoo "wannabe" (not a bad thing at all). The 2 things on the top left and top right (lighter shade of blue box thing) is a bit annoying. I would make it 100% width and just widen things up a bit. Over-all, I love what you've done with the site. Well done!
  • infoscripts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your answer apsblackbelt2. I'll try to see what I can do for the shade but I like that.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i would say the 2 things on the side are great when done on a different theme website. I have them on my website because my website is just a little personal website with no theme. But I must say I was very impressed with your site.
  • vpar2
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vpar2
  • Loc: Rockville MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, i really like the layout. The only problem is that your site listings look a lot like google adsense ads. This will make people think that your site is all advertising with no content. Try changing the font a little. Other than that its good. I submitted my site :) .
  • infoscripts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your comments!
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey info, I just checked your site again to see how it was going. It seems to be the exaxt same layout......I think the layout is good and you should keep it. I also am happy to see alot of people are adding there sites! I added mine a while back and I see 4 sites have been added today already. Keep up the good work info!
  • Unfused
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: UNFUSED.NET

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice, i love the colours in the border, they go really well together and very nice to see.

In your guideline section, all the disclaimer is in CAPS, i really don't think this is necessary, maybe to make it stand out, make the font larger than the rest or make it bold, Caps just looks poor.

I agree that the above poster stated that when you click on "New Listings" your links and you Google ads merge into each other and other than the small "Ads by Goooogle" you wouldnt know where your links finished and Googles began.

Maybe move those ads to the frontpage at the bottom or somewhere more relevant and out of the way.

Nice site, good luck with it.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site does look pretty good, but the above comment that said the listings looked like AdSense listings was accurate :)

Even the colours match AdSense's default :)

What makes your site different than something like yahoo? Why people want to use your site over others?
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

site looks good all around. I would liven up the logo a bit! Good job though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers