•  
    Don't like it
  •  
    Hate it

SITE REVIEW: DirtCheapWare.com

• Marturion
  • Marturion

Post 3+ Months Ago

DirtCheapWare.comis designed to allow developers to upload and distribute their simple niche software on a mass scale at one price point. The idea is to treat software downloads similar to music or other media downloads, and release software at a price that will be worth the while of those who purchase it, even if they only need to use it once in order to increase its mass appeal. It is not shareware, as there are no restrictions on the software its self, and it isn't freeware since it costs something to obtain the "ability to download it."

Your comments on the site and the concept are appreciated, thanks in advance!

-dan
  • dannyff
  • dannyff

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first opinion was that it is too simple. Then, I found the logo funny :)
I would probably change the background of buttons about us, get ware ... as I don't like them. But the other on Recent additions looks very nice and professional.
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site looks good! only i dont like the borders on the buttons!
  • Marturion
  • Marturion

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback thus far, what do you guys think of the software pages (like this one) that we have set up to display each piece of software?
  • jellybabys
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the overall design but it needs to be linked properly as i found it hard to find any thing on the site.

I do like the header : )
  • Marturion
  • Marturion

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Jellybabys, could you possibly explain further what you mean by it not being linked properly and being hard to find anything? One of my main goals is that it be extremely simple and easy to navigate so I'm interested in your comment. The Get Ware page is the main page for listing all software (currently very little software is there)
  • plumsauce
  • plumsauce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would get rid of the "you may want to". Just tell them.

Also, I am not a big fan of center justified text. It looks ok sometimes, but not when there are other parts of the page which are left justified.
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

DirtCheapWare.com looks pretty bad in some parts, and pretty good in some parts. The navigation is interactive, adn it looks pretty classy, but the logo looks like it was done on Paint. No offense. Also, there is too much white. If you edited it a little, you could have a very nice looking website.

Snoop1000
  • Marturion
  • Marturion

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great, these are helpful responses so far. What else? How about pages other than the front page, like the AboutUs, FAQ and the various software pages?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers