SITE REVIEW: Discount Electronics Store

• Chuck2
  • Loc: Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
please review http://www.lapantz4less.com. I've been working hard to bring vistors to the site but they are few and far between. I have used all the tools recommended by the SEO/SEM experts but still, nothing! I have over 9 thousands products indexed with Google and a lot of my key phrases get first page SERPs.

Thanks,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ouch! Dude I'm no SEO expert or even novice, so I won't address that. But the site is pretty hard on my eyes.

I think you should seriously think about a redesign. Go with something a little more clean looking. And that may help bring back some customers. I am guilty of judging a book by it's cover and to be honest I wouldn't feel safe using my credit card on your site. It doesn't look professional. Sorry. Here are a few of my personal favorites that are in similar in use. They look clean and the site is well organized. The colors are nice and inviting. And still they are simple. And they also incorporate some modern design techniques.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/2/store.html
http://www.alliedelec.com/
http://www.lightinthebox.com/?gclid=CP3 ... sgodWROVBw

Also you have a ton of code errors. Fixing them may also help attract more visitors. Good luck.
  • Chuck2
  • Loc: Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wiping the tears from my eyes :( LOL. Seriously thanks for the review. I admit I went a little nuts with the colors and affiliate stuff.

Oh well, back to work.

Thanks,
Chuck
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout it looks very interesting however one point you do have to scroll over to the right slightly to see the whole page, that said you do have to on this site as well so maybe its not too much of a problem. Also the text is a bit small and hard to read and you seem to really like adds maybe you could have less however it may be you have no choice. I have a site in the works that sells things and I know its hard I used a template from a friend and it kept me on track just a thought! Good luck!
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with Zaiah on this one. Your site seems really cluttered and I don't really know what to look at. I think it would make a huge difference if you simply rework your nav. The human brain has problems processing groups of content with more than about 7 items. See if you can find a way to create 7 or less "main groups" with sub groups inside those things.

For example:
Computers
- Desktops
- Laptops
- Servers
- Accessories
--- Mice
--- Monitors
--- Speakers
--- External Storage
- Components

You want to help people understand how to get to what they want. Not give them everything at once because it becomes overwhelming.

After that I think you need some product hierarchy in your visual content. Remember that the most important thing is that you want people to buy stuff. Customers who don't have something in mind what to know whats cheap. Put your specials at the top and call out that they're on sale, almost out of stock, whatever. Move on to other things people want, login, coupons, etc. Try to think like your user and move things that aren't very important to your users further down the page.

I'd take a long look at how other retail groups run their websites.
Target, Best Buy, Crutchfield, etc all do things a similar way because they've spent lots of money to find out what works. I doubt you have that kind of money for research so watch what the big boy's do and copy it.
  • DaFiz
  • DaFiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it was my site I would remove the text up in the top right, "Cheap computers,..." and also I would completely remove the whole categories menu at the top also, it looks really bad and is redundant.

The yellow menu at the top looks really odd because of the way the text wraps onto a second line.

Also I would remove the "Electronics Store, Discount Electronics, Discount Notebooks, Cheap Computers, Cheap Laptops, Discount Notebooks, Discount Computers!" text from the categories menu on left too.

You should think about moving the "Click Here Get FREE Coupon Offers In Your Mail Box" to a different place also it upsets your customer service text.

Cheers,
DaFiz

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers