SITE REVIEW: Discount Outpost Traders

• elrayjones
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Texas,Wise Co

Post 3+ Months Ago

need peer review of my site. i am using phpNuke. a custom version that have been harden and is secure. Secure phpNuke? boy what a oxymoron.
that should attest to my skills right there. the page loads are slow, im working on a caching method right now. any input would be helpful thank you..

EJ

http://www.godotshop.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

generally i dont really like scrolling backgrounds, but i do like yours. however there is a lot of scrolling items.. like, everywhere. i think its a little too busy for me, but *shrug* thats just me. but the layout and color scheme is nice.
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: magave desert

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can use a better background color. Something that brings out the content more readily. Imagine something along the lines of the characteristics of this forum, where the content jumps right at you. All in all, it takes forvere to upload. I also suggest typing in your web adress on http://www.alexa.com and see what they say about your site.
thankyou. keep up the good work.
  • Rule-of-Three
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rule-of-Three

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too much stuff in one page.

Looks like you can do sites,

but graphical skills missing,

I don't want to say that you ever get learned to do graphigs but I don't sense a opportunity to come art designer. I see site designer opportunities in you.
  • elrayjones
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rule-of-Three wrote:

I don't want to say that you ever get learned to do graphigs but I don't sense a opportunity to come art designer. I see site designer opportunities in you.

I do plan on cutting back some things on the main page. but my graphic skills? this is not a clan site. I have design low graphics because of page loads(which im working on now)

i do have a few graphic design skills, after all i went to school for it :)
try this link:
http://www.godotshop.com/modules.php?name=DOT-EJCard
  • Rule-of-Three
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rule-of-Three

Post 3+ Months Ago

elrayjones wrote:
Rule-of-Three wrote:

I do plan on cutting back some things on the main page. but my graphic skills? this is not a clan site. I have design low graphics because of page loads(which im working on now)

i do have a few graphic design skills, after all i went to school for it :)
try this link:
http://www.godotshop.com/modules.php?name=DOT-EJCard

I see,

Low graphics is wise to do, because we all have not so fast Internet connection as we have finnland.

We have no lower than ISDN,

And 512kbit/512kbit is most popular here

Maximum is 10Mbit/10Mbit and soon they are popular.
  • Rule-of-Three
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rule-of-Three

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here tips for do "low" graphics..

http://www.i3designfreelance.com/

I thing that site do not looks beter with graphics which is in the site..

It can be done fine lookin without any graphic files but then must use solid lines. And all this CSS will not work in old browsers and that would be bad thing.
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Woah! Too many scrolling things and stuff!

Its php-nuke, so its not as impressive as it would have been, had you coded the entire thing yourself.

Also, the loading time was very slow, I don't know why, but it was. :P
  • elrayjones
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

X3ndou wrote:
Woah! Too many scrolling things and stuff!

Its php-nuke, so its not as impressive as it would have been, had you coded the entire thing yourself.

Also, the loading time was very slow, I don't know why, but it was. :P

there are some things i just don't get...

#1 WHY would i want to spend a 100 hours more, coding a website from the ground up? i'm not here to impress anyone. I have worked with ALL the CMS out there.... I have designed CMS in asp.. I use CMS because they work for me. I think they are wonderful.

#2 Alot of pepole are down on scrolling things(the LED may be to much) but, I find them to be a great tool the lead the eye to what ever you need to lead them to. I hate pop-up ads so I don't have much left to work with. I started coding html when all you had was notepad. It now seems to me that everyone wants to go back to static content.

#3 Page load time. I think a stated that I'm working on that. I would be nice to get feedback about how long it is taking, and how far away your you are from my host, you know things like that maybe. if you look at the footer it will tell you how long it took.

EJ

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers