SITE REVIEW: Discover Islam

• waelmanz
  • waelmanz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I have recently started a website:

http://discoverislam.cz.cc

Please review the site. I want to know your impressions.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi waelmanz,
Either the site didn't load properly for me or there isn't really any design or layout to speak of. Its just a continuous page of info. I would suggest reading about divs and floats using html and css. If you don't feel like reading you can always download a pre-built from some place like code-sucks or Dynamic Drive. Use those to give your pages some structure and more layout.

Hope this helps.
  • waelmanz
  • waelmanz

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
Hi waelmanz,
Either the site didn't load properly for me or there isn't really any design or layout to speak of. Its just a continuous page of info. I would suggest reading about divs and floats using html and css. If you don't feel like reading you can always download a pre-built from some place like code-sucks or Dynamic Drive. Use those to give your pages some structure and more layout.

Hope this helps.

Thanks CXLink for the review.
After all, I may add a design and a layout. But I will give my site a chance. I think that the appearance of the home page is simple. You may find that this simple appearance with no decoration is comfortable. You may feel that it is different. After all, I will be happy to hear the opinions of the forum's users.
  • mico
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Neo Universe

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow. it is really fast and light to download the pages by visitors because of its layout simplicity.
but, don't you think it'll be more attractive and nice to view by visitors if you give a bit design?
even it's simple. like, using tables and maybe a banner?
  • waelmanz
  • waelmanz

Post 3+ Months Ago

mico wrote:
wow. it is really fast and light to download the pages by visitors because of its layout simplicity.
but, don't you think it'll be more attractive and nice to view by visitors if you give a bit design?
even it's simple. like, using tables and maybe a banner?

Thank you mico.
I'm seriously thinking about your suggestion. I have 5 websites. I think using the tables and making a side menu containing links to my websites will be very good. The back links will improve my Google and Yahoo rankings. I wait for other suggestions from you. And thank you again.
  • mico
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Neo Universe

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, thats good enough.
just suggestion, rather than just white color for background causing your site taste so...plain, why don't you use nice eyes-friendly bgcolor, like black, or soft blue pastel?

anyway, i checked you haven't change the layout. maybe its hard for you to have free time to take care of it, or other reasons, if only to make tables and side menu etc, though i'm still basic on html and css, i can help you if you want^^.
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have no styles applied to your content. try to make a css to make it go along.
  • xmsmmgrs
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • xmsmmgrs

Post 3+ Months Ago

From what I read here I understand that you want to keep it clean and simple. That`s a good thing but still, you can use div's and colors. This way your site is pleasant for the eye and still loading fast.

I would also add an icon to each link to a pdf file. I clicked on a title link and i was hoping it will take me to an article. Instead, a pdf file was downloaded. I would also set up a "force download" on pdf files, instead opening them in the browser. If the file is big, the browser will freeze. That's not a good thing. Will drive people away.
  • shnozwma
  • Born
  • Born
  • shnozwma

Post 3+ Months Ago

there really is no design. try adding something to your background and some pages
  • webxperts
  • Born
  • Born
  • webxperts
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The loading time of the site is really good.but the text size is too large...you need to work on it...and also you need to work on its design and atleast placed Navigation button...
  • raspberry
  • Born
  • Born
  • raspberry

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a plain website, u need a good design for approaching to users, taking little time loading, but html site shouldnt get that. best of luck good content.
  • salmane

Post 3+ Months Ago

i tried to review the site but the link was not working.
I will check back in few days
  • danyald
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • danyald

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not looking a site

Use some styles so that your website looks attractive
  • salmane

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need some major CSS work. I would also ditch the ads they cheapen the site usually
good luck
  • flipperman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flipperman

Post 3+ Months Ago

look at the site and it has classic design which it looks ok but i would suggest you to add more article and the space between header and article is so far from each other.
  • itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Impressions of what? I would suggest actually having something to review before asking for one.
  • ella1985
  • ella1985

Post 3+ Months Ago

I took a look to your site and it's looks poor for me. Practically you do not have design there and very few content. And if I were you I would start to categorize articles and add some images in order to make your site more enjoyable. Also, i would add a background image on Islamic subject since if do not read the content your visitors have no other way to guess visually what your site is about.
  • tomazws
  • tomazws

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is simply a word document with a yellow header and purple background.

I guess try not to make it look like a word document, and maybe think of it as designing a flyer, or look more like a catalog brochure. With attractive lines and curves and pictures.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really am not going to bother reading or take this site seriously because the person who has been working on it does not deserve the time of day. Slapping some text on a blank canvas and adding a few hyper links is not a web site.

This web site tells me that they have no respect for the art of web design or any study or training what so ever. Even being the atheist that i am i am sure someone who takes their faith seriously would show the respect of a actual design, Even if it was just a free template.

Not to mention it is not even a .com

I would suggest a lot of study before another attempt at a web site.
  • Mustafa_Aslan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mustafa_Aslan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The link is not working.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers