• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uuuhhmm! I can't get on to your site, so yeah ... I have no idea, it just times out the whole time ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I think it is a good start but it still has a way to go. The first thing I noticed was the background and the fact that there is a 5px white border around the whole page.

I think instead of the gray gradient in the background you could either go with the straight maroon you are using as a secondary color or perhaps a subtle pattern constructed with that maroon.

I like the fact that the site is centered and I think the color scheme has a lot of potential. In ff, there is a large white gap at the bottom before the footer.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

There we go ... that's better ... Okay so first things first ... I don't like that white border either, it really bothers me ...

I think the gray is cool though, but put the drop shadow on just one side though and not on both maybe ...

Oh my soul, please check this out ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... une.com%2F ... 160 errors ... that's not good, at all.

I see you haven't got links in the bottom yet, you're probably still busy with that though? and some of your menu links aren't active yet either ...

I must tell you that map is really awesome though ... Excellent

make sure all your slide out menus are big enough, for example ... the "education/colleges/institutes" goes over the border of the menu ...

Or another thing you can do with that white border is to move up the gray gradient and take away the white on the left,right and bottom, and keep the middle table where it is ...

Just a suggestion for the "clubs in pune" page ... maybe add links to all the clubs/pubs from your page, and ask them for links in return, in that way you'll get more traffic to your site, and get a higher page rank (not much, but it'll help)

and on the "pubs in pune" page, maybe move the two columns closer together because it's difficult to see which name is relevant to which address ... Same with the theatre page

also think of maybe putting the "pubs" and "clubs" i the same sub-menu as the theatre, they feel to me like they are more related ...

also check this page ... http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=h ... heck=Check for a few broken links on your site ... If I were you I wouldn't worry about those too much until you're done with the website completely ...

On the "hotels" page, make sure there are spaces between the text and the images, otherwise it looks as if the images go over the text ...

I think also yoiu should maybe remove the table border around the "IT Companies" so that it fits in better with the rest of your site ...

Yeah that's about it from my side ... Good work, keep it up!
  • chiara
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • chiara
  • Loc: Santa Clara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi abhaykochar

I find it good as a start, but needs a lot more, mainly formatting, work. Some notes from me:

- the rollover effect for the left menu items is not good, makes the text unreadable (check especially the first 2 items)
- the menu submitems text goes out of the cells, check the submenu of hotels e.g
- very often the images inside your texts overlap the text
- the padding between the text columns is too small
- try to limit the number of text styles used, and use them consistently (use the same font for all major headings, another for less important headings, etc)

Good luck!

chi
  • slash007
  • Student
  • Student
  • slash007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi i visited your site .The design of the site and the menu is good.The colour reflects the historical value of Pune.But the comments on the home page is not matching.Hope you will try it in a different way.
  • abhaykochar
  • abhaykochar

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
Well I think it is a good start but it still has a way to go. The first thing I noticed was the background and the fact that there is a 5px white border around the whole page.

I think instead of the gray gradient in the background you could either go with the straight maroon you are using as a secondary color or perhaps a subtle pattern constructed with that maroon.

I like the fact that the site is centered and I think the color scheme has a lot of potential. In ff, there is a large white gap at the bottom before the footer.

The white strip has been removed..
since last review the site has also removed the bugs regarding firefox

The gap at footer was only in firefox, which fixd nw..
  • abhaykochar
  • abhaykochar

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
There we go ... that's better ... Okay so first things first ... I don't like that white border either, it really bothers me ...

I think the gray is cool though, but put the drop shadow on just one side though and not on both maybe ...

Oh my soul, please check this out ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... une.com%2F ... 160 errors ... that's not good, at all.

I see you haven't got links in the bottom yet, you're probably still busy with that though? and some of your menu links aren't active yet either ...

I must tell you that map is really awesome though ... Excellent

make sure all your slide out menus are big enough, for example ... the "education/colleges/institutes" goes over the border of the menu ...

Or another thing you can do with that white border is to move up the gray gradient and take away the white on the left,right and bottom, and keep the middle table where it is ...

Just a suggestion for the "clubs in pune" page ... maybe add links to all the clubs/pubs from your page, and ask them for links in return, in that way you'll get more traffic to your site, and get a higher page rank (not much, but it'll help)

and on the "pubs in pune" page, maybe move the two columns closer together because it's difficult to see which name is relevant to which address ... Same with the theatre page

also think of maybe putting the "pubs" and "clubs" i the same sub-menu as the theatre, they feel to me like they are more related ...

also check this page ... http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=h ... heck=Check for a few broken links on your site ... If I were you I wouldn't worry about those too much until you're done with the website completely ...

On the "hotels" page, make sure there are spaces between the text and the images, otherwise it looks as if the images go over the text ...

I think also yoiu should maybe remove the table border around the "IT Companies" so that it fits in better with the rest of your site ...

Yeah that's about it from my side ... Good work, keep it up!

Thanx alot mr.righteous_trespasser for your creative review

sorry fr trouble fr loading d site late.. it mst b due to some modificatons was in process..

The gaps in pages n Menu wsnt appeari good..
such many problems were with Firefox only..And all the problems have been fixed..
If found any please let me know..
Im grateful for such a nice review fr ur side

and about validation error most of those was due to "" marks..
the number of errors has been reduced to 29..
still v r improving them..
hope v cn achieve 0 errors as soon as possible

thnking you
  • abhaykochar
  • abhaykochar

Post 3+ Months Ago

slash007 wrote:
Hi i visited your site .The design of the site and the menu is good.The colour reflects the historical value of Pune.But the comments on the home page is not matching.Hope you will try it in a different way.

OK v will try to make it better
thnx
  • abhaykochar
  • abhaykochar

Post 3+ Months Ago

chiara wrote:
Hi abhaykochar

I find it good as a start, but needs a lot more, mainly formatting, work. Some notes from me:

- the rollover effect for the left menu items is not good, makes the text unreadable (check especially the first 2 items)
- the menu submitems text goes out of the cells, check the submenu of hotels e.g
- very often the images inside your texts overlap the text
- the padding between the text columns is too small
- try to limit the number of text styles used, and use them consistently (use the same font for all major headings, another for less important headings, etc)

Good luck!

chi

the problem was wid firefox only and it has been removed now

thnx

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers