SITE REVIEW: DownloadCrazy.com

• hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

SITE REVIEW: http://www.Downloadcrazy.com

I have been working on this site for some time now, and I am now developing products to sell. It is actually a collaborative from a few of my friends. Please be gentle when you rate my site.

I am interested in what your first impresssion is? What do you think about the product idea? Do you like the layout and design?

Thanks so much for your important input.

---> http://www.Downloadcrazy.com

-- hackrabbit
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi hackrabbit -

I really like what you have done with this site -

Alright, the actual header isnt my style - BUT - the layout is done nicely - the design is crisp and clean.

Great work avoiding the "typical" cookie cutter shopping cart look...

I would probably recommend adding some additional products to the second row, or, move 1 of the products down to try and space out your product display a little more...
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the layout works well - the functionality is also great. My only crit is to play around with the banner really, as CartikaHosting pointed out - the colors look pretty plain - try getting in there and enhancing it with lighting effects, perhaps that will spiff it up a bit - or perhaps a different style of drawing.
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I have some ideas about the banner too. I also have 20 additional products coming soon. And another 20 or so within the next few months. I plan to have 8 products per page! Fits nicely.

You can imagine how difficult it is to buy resell rights. It is a lot of paper work.

Thank you so much for the help!!!

I welcome more insight into making my site better! Thanks!!!
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice job! I purchased those 70+ Scripts to check them out! Very nice header (even though you didn't do it yourself)! It brings a lot of personality to your site.

Great mix of complexity with simplicity makes this site easy on the eyes and fun to browse!
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you thought about offering that 70+ PHP scripts free to Ozzu members :D?
Seriously though, your site looks very professional. It has content that I'm actually interested in personally, so I really like it. Great job!
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am so flattered by the positive responses. I am pleased that you liked the website. I will be offering much more in the coming months. Thanks so much!

As far as offering the scripts to OZZU members, of course. I do not want to spam the forum however. So if you like something, great!
I am planning to add an affiliate program. Any ideas which one is best?

Thanks!
  • tomkuegler
  • tomkuegler

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have seen a ton of sites on here to review and I will say that yours is one of the best e-commerce sites I have seen to review.

Nice work.
  • sly1340
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: not available

Post 3+ Months Ago

good job, the layout looks great and is easy to navigate through, i like the fact that you have a totally free section
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

I admit I have lots of help on my site. It is my idea, design, and I actually have control over the focus, concept and final look and feel, but I have some coding and editing in PhP help, and some graphics help too. I mention them and have links to reach them so they can get credit. I believe in giving credit where it is due.

I am hoping to have some more content/products soon. I also am trying to get as much free stuff as I can! If anyone has anything they want to provide freely to other webmaster (must be useful and interesting), let me know.

Thanks Tom for the very kind comments.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as an affiliate system, people want something that actually works and getting payed a set amount is usually more attractive if products don't cost very much. Something like $2 per sale and you design them some ads to use.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

top banner takes quite a while to load up :-(
you have to reduce the size or make do with less graphcis

view cart and check out link... good to have a little graphic on that instead of a link. Very friendly this way..

instead of this link Home | Customer Service | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Notice | View Cart & Check Out

put a good site offer and allow your customers/affliates to know something they dont.

hope it helps.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Grabbing another Bud...

Oh my GOD!

See what I am talking about people asking for reviews when they simply copied stuff, templates or code?

Now: THIS is something original!!! You can see immediately that this is -besides the fact it's not my style- made with care, originality and professionalism, where detail has been given even to the buttons of the header!

Awesome job, mate!!!

(Getting that beer now)
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes I agree. I am considering http://www.idevdirect.com/ for my affiliate program. Has lots of features and allows affiliates to log in and see what is being sold, etc... very attractive!

Thanks for your help!

Truce wrote:
As far as an affiliate system, people want something that actually works and getting payed a set amount is usually more attractive if products don't cost very much. Something like $2 per sale and you design them some ads to use.
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two reasons to update this orginial review:

1. I changed the header as some of you mentioned.

2. I now have the fully operational affiliate program.

http://www.downloadcrazy.com

If anyone is interested, I'd love to hear your comments on the new header and the affiliate program. The site is still being developed, but I think you might like what my team has done so far.

Anyone looking for an affiliate program -- look no further! -->

idevdirect.com - Affiliate Program

Thank you very much!
  • Gemwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gemwolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't see the first header, i.e. I cannot comment on the improvement. I can assure you that there's nothing wrong with this header. Though it does feel like there should be something solid at the top that goes from corner to corner. Maybe that's just because I'm used to sites having it.

I'm not a fan of commercial sites, especially not when they "Scracth out" the old price, and write the new price next to the old price. But then again, if it sells your products, go for it!

Just a note: I went to the check-out with an empty cart, and when I clicked the "Continue Shopping" button, one of my other windows jumped to the front, and nothing happened on your page?

All and all, a refreshing site, and clearly a lot of work has gone into it! Well done!
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Genwolf... I really appreciate your thoughts. I checked the shopping cart, and I can't find the "continue shopping button" anywhere on the paypal checkout page. If you have the time, email me a link to the page you saw... erik@blair.name

as far as the bar/graphic line across the top to enclose the top header, still thinking about that. But I know exactly the feeling you had. Looks a little empty :) But to me is looks clean and uncluttered. Thanks!
  • BillW
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it needs a little color. Too much white.
As far as usability and navigation it's great.
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for that color thought. The old version DID have more color, but most said it was too much. Too showy. Too low-tech and playful, and not enough "business" feel. Now I think it is a nice trade-off. I might introduce a colorful line break or two. Thanks!!!
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the site to me looks pretty neat, i love the links the are underlined then when you hover over the have no text-decoration... BRILLIANT

yeah
BillW wrote:
I think it needs a little color. Too much white.
As far as usability and navigation it's great.

sorry gonna this agree i like the grey and white looks professional, but if you were gonna take BillW advice about color i would put different greys inthere.

-sycofi5h
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I like the look, and I think you're right about adding a little bit of greys... gotta look into it more. Thanks!!!
  • Mythos
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Mythos

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice and quite proffesinal site.
The banner might be more colorfull and other letters to that it looks proffesional too. I guess the site will give yuo quute some income :)
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Mythos: BTW, your Halo Sites are AWESOME!! Nice graphics and cool layout! Good work!
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go to this page if you are interested in seeing the outcome of the sale of this unique website:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7524482389

Going, going, gone!
  • Forumwatch
  • Forumwatch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not crazy about the header..not sure what it is maybe it just needs to be moved to the left hand side. The aff. link ads look like google adwords ads, since i never read those i would not have found your affiliate links.

but I like the general layout and bright design.
one more thing you're missing something on the bottom...
a menu and or the common

"© 2005 or designed by text"
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thanks for the tips! Great suggestions. I am still developing the site. I also am considering selling the site because I don't have time to market it. Thanks for your suggestions!
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Downloadcrazy.com for sale ... on EBAY
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7545701978

I was wondering what people thought about selling complete, custom websites on EBAY? Thanks for your input!
  • pine_things
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pine_things
  • Loc: Warwickshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

add Customer Service | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Notice on the footer of the page.

also on the individual product description add a link or some information about the payment system, that will give the customers more confidence to buy from you.

it looks good and it is very easy to use.
  • shelley23uk
  • shelley23uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I have had some issues with the navigation and I am trying to work on those things. Thank you for the excellent ideas!

pine_things wrote:
add Customer Service | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Notice on the footer of the page.

also on the individual product description add a link or some information about the payment system, that will give the customers more confidence to buy from you.

it looks good and it is very easy to use.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 31 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers