SITE REVIEW: Draconian Tempest

• bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a World of Warcraft guild site I did for my friend. It's highly overdue, but I finally "completed" it. While I'll have to follow his opinion over any of yours, I'll still consider anything and everything you say (and also use it for future reference).

It's an all-CSS design. Once he okays the initial template, I'll complete it and verify it, but for now, it's as-is. It displays just fine in both Firefox and IE.

http://www.ligerexpress.com/dt/

The CSS file is pretty confusing (no method to the madness), but I know what is what.

Also, any opinions on how to implement some more blue into the design would be appreciated, too. Their colors are blue and yellow, which are terrible for web design (unless some serious consideration is put into it)... I've got yellow in there, but there is virtually no blue.

EDIT: The .html file is valid. (I just validated it... also, I'm amazed -- not a single correction needed! I'm getting better. ;))

The .css file is also valid. (and again, no corrections -- I'm happy about that.)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL! I like the 404 page. :)
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope you're referring to a link you clicked on in the actual page. ;)

Yeah, that was a 404 I made for my old site. Long gone, but I kept the 404.
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site , love the 404
Now to get the rest of the site up!!
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm actually waiting for his okay on the design before I do anything else.

Most of it is up to them to add content to, anyway. I'm just the designer. It won't even be hosted on my webspace eventually.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site's header is attractive but simole-yet-effective navigation overrules it. Hope to see more content coming. The site has good potential . Best of Luck !
  • RainMayYetCome
  • RainMayYetCome
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the footer text is a bit large..although I see you aren't quite done...

It's very lovely though, quite dark.
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Footer text? Large?

All the font sizes are resizable... maybe it displays larger than normal? Otherwise, any smaller and it would be unreadable. :)
  • 21traffic.com
  • 21traffic.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site seems kinda plain i would add more graphics and maybe more color it looks kinda dull wouldn't spend to much time lookin at it if i came across it thats just my 2 cents
  • crystalized
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout design. Might I suggest using a different colour for the font though? Why this yellowish colour? It's not found anywhere in the graphics...
Nice 404 page though ;)
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Job!
I like how you made the black background work for you, Im sure when the site is finished it will keep people interested.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

How the heck do you edit the 404 page?
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

A 404 page is just like a html doc. if you have a way to set what doc. will be presented when a person tries to access a file thats not on the server.
Check with your server and see if you have controll over this option.
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may also be able to controll this in a .htaccess file.
hope this helps
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

A 404 error page is a page that shows up if someone tries to access a page that doesn't exist on your domain. This is very easy to do, however, you do have to have your own domain to do this in most cases. Upload a text file with FTP to your main directory with the following line:

ErrorDocument 404 http://www.yourdomain.com/error.html

Change the information in bold text to your own information (your domain and the url to your error page). After you've done that, save the file as .htaccess Make sure to include the dot in front. Next you need to make your error page. This is a regular HTML document that lets people know they've reached that page in error.

Upload the error page, and now when you type in an incorrect url to your domain, your custom error page will appear. You can add whatever you want to your error page, a redirect to your main site is always a good thing to include.

An .htaccess file is a plain text file that contains server directives. You add these directives line by line, one on each line. They can be added in a main directory or a subdirectory, but if you add it into the subdirectory it will cancel out any .htaccess file you have in the main directory. Some things you can do with .htaccess are error documents, password protection, and image protection.
  • Alan Lastufka
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: ChicagoLand, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of the better looking guild sites I've seen in a bit. There were a few good ones for the Morrowind hacks, but I never saw any good WoW ones, until now. Site looks good.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers