SITE REVIEW: Dreamy State

• Millertime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Millertime

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check out my website, critique me, and please check out the videos

http://www.dreamystate.com

PSYCHEDELIC DREAMY STATE PRODUCTIONS -- East Coast Tri-State Area Film Making. VISIT http://www.dreamystate.com For Free movie downloads. Hilarious Comedies, socially moving Tragedies, and some stuff thats just plain strange. Spread the word that PDSP is today's movie making youth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::EDIT::

Hey, i'm bumping this old topic, instead of starting a new one, because i completely revamped the site, and want to hear people's opinions on the new layout.

that's the new design. Bare with me for a while. I still need to format all the pages to conform with the interface, but that is just busy work. Some of the pages are all ready updated.

http://www.dreamystate.com/old/index.html

That link is the old homepage incase you want to see what i changed it from. It is a little screwed I know, and don't know why. It used to work. Anyways thanks in advanced for any replies.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

its down m8...i will look whens it back up
  • Millertime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Millertime

Post 3+ Months Ago

Had it up for about a week, and no one has any thoughts on it?
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Millertime

Funny videos there I must say :D

As for the interface, the black edges are too thick imho. Makes it all look very 'heavy'. A good thing is that there are thumbnails for every video.

And as for the audio on your videos, I hope you have permission to use all that music, could get very costly if you don't.

kind regards
Tisse
  • Millertime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Millertime

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i'm not to sure about the music, all the movies were used in school in one form or another, solely educational purposes. I'm not in the market for selling anything either, so no royalties would be entitled. But thank you for the heads up.
  • eyelfixit
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada eh!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. I think it looks sharp for this genre. Honestly I wouldn't change a thing. it's original and it's fresh. 9/10

Could be a little faster but that's the server's fault, not yours. Did you submit this site to search engines?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

My only comment is that it sits much to far to the right and also there is a large gap between the top of the browser and the start of your frame in the middle, I am using IE 800x600. Its a very awkard site to use for those two things only :D
  • Millertime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Millertime

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry it's taken me forever to respond to the two new comments. I appreciate all the positivity. I did try to submit my website to search engines. And it is now appearing on google. However, it only says the website title, it does not give any helpful information to as to what is inside the site. I was wondering if any of you may know how to fix that??????
I am in the process of making an 800X600 version, because i saw the website on a campus computer and it looked awful in my opinion. So that has to be done. If there's anything else you guys see, go ahead and post. Oh and yea, check out the download section, there is a poll for a new movie. Whatever the masses demand will be uploaded. Thanks again guys.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

heya miller - visit the search engine section for tips on how to get the best rating - as for the site - it just needs a few tweaks here and there :D
  • shaunamc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • shaunamc
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool site
  • FroSt
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Holland, Friesland, Sneek

Post 3+ Months Ago

Muharharhar :P

Funny Vid's

Site's not realy my style..
  • willstein
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • willstein
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha made me laugh.

that's hard to do these days.

Good Job.
  • Millertime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Millertime

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you guys, for the appraisal. In case you give care enough, i did upload a new movie to it. Check it out. And i re-did almost all of the pages so as they would conform to some what of a theme. Check it out.
  • Millertime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Millertime

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, i'm bumping this old topic, instead of starting a new one, because i completely revamped the site, and want to hear people's opinions on the new layout.

that's the new design. Bare with me for a while. I still need to format all the pages to conform with the interface, but that is just busy work. Some of the pages are all ready updated.

http://www.dreamystate.com/old/index.html

That link is the old homepage incase you want to see what i changed it from. It is a little screwed I know, and don't know why. It used to work. Anyways thanks in advanced for any replies.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like that outter image, very nice. The flash menu took a while to load on my cable modem and I just stopped it all together, maybe its just a freak coincidence. The dark blue for the links is hard to read with the dark background, maybe make them a light gray shade instead. Also, you may want to remove the iframe border, the blue outline it creates doesnt fit your color scheme. Lastly, when you go to the comments and send to friend pages, you have a white theme that doesnt really go with your dark theme. You may want to change the background color to black and adjust the fonts accordingly. A lot of good potential for your site though.
  • Millertime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Millertime

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, most of the pages haven't been updated to the new scheme. I basically jumped the gun and couldn't wait to post my new design. Thanks for the feedback. I don't know about the menu, it is only 23k. Must have been a freak incident.
  • Millertime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Millertime

Post 3+ Months Ago

okay, i think the menu was frigged up. Fixed it now. All subsites have been formated. The site is now in it's pretty much final stages. I just have to make more transition swf's. Gimme feedback. Thanks

-miller

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers