SITE REVIEW: Dudes In Blue web comic

• Ian
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.dudesinblue.com

An online comic i started not too long ago. The first jokes are really bad. Also some media on there. A forum. (with an awesome skin!) The dudes in blue was going to be the 2 cops in the comic but that kind of changed hehe.

Please tell me what you think of the layout and colors. I recently changed the colors to dark.

8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• arrivist
  • Born
  • Born
  • arrivist
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice theme however the grey on grey title box on the comic page needs more contrast. Its very difficult for me to read the text on my laptop display (TFT screens have less saturation that CRT screens).

The menus on the LH side could do with some cell padding in order to take them off the table border (in line with the rest of your tables).
  • Ian
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, hows that? I use the higher colored background for the one box because the comics i made are transparent and dont look good with black, from now on, after the next comic on monday, i will put white backgrounds on them :)
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site has a clever name and clean setup, but I think it would be good if everything were centered on the page. On the AIM icons, you should have another whole page with the icons on it rather than link to the directory. The 'annoying' page should also be of the same template and your contact information should be listed at the bottom of your homepage. Overall, its a nice site. Keep it up!
  • Ian
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I was wondering if someone could donate some spare time to help make the site centered. I really dont have the patience...i was just trying and cant get the tables to work right and everything. I can give somone the html and php that i have.

And i might not want it centered at all, will people who have low screen res have to scroll? Or will it be fixed if i use like 60% or 20% instead of px?
  • Forumwatch
  • Forumwatch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd incorporate your site name with the logo or make the header image smaller..it just dosn't look right the way it is.

Also the main/index needs some gfx, maybe some thumbs of your comics
it looks a little plain the way it is now. And as mentioned centre it :)
  • t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the website but I have some comments.

1. Centering it would be cool. You can do this easily by placing <div align="center">Your whole site</div> in your code. Place this after <body>.
2. The comics are funny and I enjoyed reading some of them but didn't like the navigation. You should place a "next comic" button in the comic navigator or you could add several comics to one page so they can be read without having to click back, comic link, -read comic-, back, comic link, -read comic-, etc.
3. Your home page top image is a bit blane, although it is blue and has meaning, I think you could put a little more time into the image so it represents your site better.

Hope this helps.
  • Ian
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks t3chl33t, i was waiting for someone to comment on my comics :

the div thing didnt work, i have some of the things aligned absolute. WHen i tyr to make them relative, it doesn't work.
  • t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

aligned absolute? One thing you can try is removing all the alignment codes from all the elements except the <div align=center></div>. It sounds like your having conflicts from previously aligned components.
  • Ian
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok i tried that but then everything lines up into a column. Like the nav is first. THen under it is the news thing or the partners and then under that is the other stuff.
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see that you are not using tables at all but instead using div layers. Personally I don't reccommend div layers for positioning content, etc. but rather preffer using tables. In your case the div layers are looking good in my comp. but may not look correct in all browsers with different resolutions. Using tables will make your life easier to center or position tables any where. Also try use php includes so you don't have to tediously add the layout codes page-by-page. Aside from that, your layout looks awesome; simple but contemporary.
  • Ian
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeha i have heard that alot. I guess i'll start working on that :)
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like those simple "cartoons" its fun reading :D

But have you thougt of doing a "out of house" service, so you can run your cartoons on other peoples sites, so you will get more famous on the net, and automatic get a better pagerank if thats something you also wants?
So you offer other sites your cartoons, but they have to have your link under each cartoon with copyright ect ect.

I have seen those services before with great sucess.
  • Ian
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

multiplayeren wrote:
i like those simple "cartoons" its fun reading :D

:D Thank you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers