SITE REVIEW: DWHS.net

• Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are moving into a new design please let me know what you think!

New design: http://www.dwhs.net/index-new.html

Current design: http://www.dwhs.net
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI!

Your new site looks very clean. The old one felt cluttered and as if too much stuff was crammed into it. The new one handles this very well. The links in the bottom bar might benefit from a rollover effect, as you did at the top of the page, with the social media links.

The third(right) Read more link, below Dedicated, is not using the same color as the Dedicated back ground(like the two previous buttons did). Lastly, I would suggest making the text and links at the bottom of the page slightly smaller. Right now they draw a lot of attention, and I am guessing it is not your intention to have that as a focal point on the page.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
HI!

Your new site looks very clean. The old one felt cluttered and as if too much stuff was crammed into it. The new one handles this very well. The links in the bottom bar might benefit from a rollover effect, as you did at the top of the page, with the social media links.

The third(right) Read more link, below Dedicated, is not using the same color as the Dedicated back ground(like the two previous buttons did). Lastly, I would suggest making the text and links at the bottom of the page slightly smaller. Right now they draw a lot of attention, and I am guessing it is not your intention to have that as a focal point on the page.

I see what you mean, it looks a lot better smaller and it allows to add another line of needed links there.

Thanks!
  • _primordial
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Having peeked at your source-code there's room for improvement. A few quick thoughts...

1. If you are going to use a strict doctype you may as well go for html5. Browsers will render it as strict but you can take advantage of microformats such as those described in http://schema.org/

2. Remember to use the attribute rel="nofollow" on all external links.

3. Get rid of the inline styling.

4. Flush the buffer directly after the <head> section and directly before the <body> section. It enables the browser to download the Javascript and CSS files whilst the rest of the webpage is still loading.

5. It's very poor on accessibility. Disabled peeps need web hosting as well.

Good luck.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

_primordial wrote:
Hi,

Having peeked at your source-code there's room for improvement. A few quick thoughts...

1. If you are going to use a strict doctype you may as well go for html5. Browsers will render it as strict but you can take advantage of microformats such as those described in http://schema.org/

2. Remember to use the attribute rel="nofollow" on all external links.

3. Get rid of the inline styling.

4. Flush the buffer directly after the <head> section and directly before the <body> section. It enables the browser to download the Javascript and CSS files whilst the rest of the webpage is still loading.

5. It's very poor on accessibility. Disabled peeps need web hosting as well.

Good luck.

Great feedback, thanks!

A little advanced but I am sure I will understand it more someday. :lol:
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! chaze Just now I have visited your website it really looks nice and good. The users can understand the concept of your website in a very easy manner. Please try to design more websites of this type.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Longclark wrote:
Hi! chaze Just now I have visited your website it really looks nice and good. The users can understand the concept of your website in a very easy manner. Please try to design more websites of this type.

Thanks so much, next we are trying to add video into the site in a smooth seamless way.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it? Then please share the link of the website after the videos had been added to the website. I am very eager to see the website.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers