SITE REVIEW: Eason Hosting Solutions

• Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce
  • Loc: North Carolina

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did the same method as the first layout. Does it still mess up in that one?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now that it's wider it doesn't anymore ... maybe just center the links, IMO that'd look better ...
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

How many pages should a hosting site have? I'm thinking not to many as it's just basically for plans, etc.

I'm actually liking this layout a LOT more than the first one. I just need to learn to do headers XD. Now, validating to see if it's valid.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't see a point in having 2000 pages if you are offering hosting ... I'd say like four ... home, prices, contact, and uhmm ... yeah ... something else ... maybe about ...
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm redoing my plans page to offer more detail and then I'm adding like a small feature of the plans on the homepage.
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've updated my site a lot. Please review the new layout and the updated plans page. What would be good to put in the right column of each of the plans I have. (features or something)?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay so on the "plans" page, you have everything repeated twice in each plans block ... why is that? And there is no header image yet, still working on that? I'm also assuming that you're still busy with the login section ?
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to think of what I could put on the other half of each plan. Would server features like, PHP, MySQL, PERL, etc. work. Or should I just put like an image or something on the right side of each plan. Also, what do you think about the home page? Are having a sample of plans up there good.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually like your home page like it is, but that's just my opinion ... And I think that you should say what type of server it is below the rest, and then have an image ... I think the images will look good ...
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

So put like server features below the hosting plans or put that on the main page?

EDIT: Rate the whole site again now if you don't mind. I'm getting confused with all these posts :p. I'll check tomorrow because its 4:30AM here and I got class tomorrow. Later.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

clean review

W3C Validator is clean ... Nice one ... Just remember to add a character encoding ...

You can disable the link of the page that auser is on, for example, if a user is on the "home" page, you could disable the "home" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), this way users won't redirect to the page that they are already on, and they'll know which page they are currently on ...

Then the plans on the "home" page, I think you should make them all the same height so that it looks more uniform with min-height:300px; (or many ever pixels high the boxes are) ... and I think you should put all 4 in one row instead of the 4th one just there on its own in the second row ...

Then I think you should center the whole nav-bar in the middle of the div.nav ... I think adding a text-align:center; should work ...

Also remeber that you still need a header image ... I think you should make this one a bit less 'grunge' than the previous one ... make it more smooth and soothing ... Because with a more 'blocky' site like your, a smooth header could break that 'blockyness' ...

On the "plans" page, you should remove the duplicate words in each plan's block and I think you should find/create a suitable image/icon for each of them and put it either on the right or left hand side ... Right would be better IMO ...

On the 'contact form' the validation works great except for when all fields are filled in and the security question is incorrect, than it doesn't give a "click here to go back" link ... it just leaves you with "You got the security question wrong" ...

Remember to put a link to the forum on the 'support' page aswell, seeing that a forum is a type of support ...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the new layout :)

needs images though.....

my daytime job boss just leaving the office so I'll have some time to play with the graphics - I'll do a header and maybe some other pics as well - just as an idea of what it could look like............

ps only one thing from the clean review I disagree with - I like the nav bar aligned to the left.... it doesn't have enough elements to sit in the center, the sides will be gaping somehow IMO..... this is of course just a personal preference................
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the review. I'll see what kind of image I can come up with for the plans page. I'm thinking of something that says EHS or something similar.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've mailed you a jpeg of a potential banner.... really simple but I think it'd fit nicely. I'll send you another file in a few minutes
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got that image. Love it =). I'll put a link to your site with a Banner Designed By: you in the footer =)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

YAY! I'll make a proper little link banner in a while, maybe you could put that up when it's done. I'll make it color-compatible with your site....

here's two more images coming to your e-mail now - ideas for pictures.... see if you like.... the images are copyrighted, but they are royalty free and should only cost you a few bucks on StockExchange ( http://www.sxc.hu/ )

Of course these are just suggestions..... there's tons of similar pics there... they also give pictures for free but most of those are not good enough for a professional look

sending now.....
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like em. Send me the links to those images from StockExchange and I'll pay for em. Nice job with the banner though. Get me a link banner for your site and I'll link to ya.

Which is better ehsolutions.com or eh-solutions.com
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

god damnit :(...Someone took both my names -_-...

Time to start searching for a new name :(.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

how about eh_solutions? would that work? though chances are it's also taken...

on the subject of SEO, you've probably seen it already but this article - http://www.seobook.com/archives/001792.shtml - gave me some neat ideas...

glad you like the pics. I'll chase up the links now.
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I'm going to go with easonhosting. It's just like what I wanted but without the solutions XD. Thanks for those links to those images, I'm signuping up for them now.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

easonhosting sounds good, and it's easy to remember. 'solutions' means nothing anyways :)

tell me one thing - that little white triangle - arrow - like thing that appears at the bottom of the highlighted section of the navbar - how did you put that in? it's real neat
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got it YAY!

Just get the image and put it as a background-image on the rollover tab. Here's my code for the navbar.

#nav a {
height: 25px;
padding-top: 8px;
float: left;
text-align: center;
width: 100px;
color: #ffffff;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;
}
#nav a:hover {
height: 25px;
padding-top: 8px;
background-color: #005c90;
background-image: url(images/sel.gif);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center bottom;
font-weight: bold;
color: #ffffff;
}
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks - can't wait to try that one out. looks kinda snazzy.

must go now - I'll send the banner first thing in the morning. I'll make it as big as I can and you can optimize to whatever size you're comfortable with

g'night
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I meant make it like 900x120 or something. When I said big, I meant the file size, not the banner.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bryce just edit your post (two posts up) and add some [code] tags around the code, that way it's a bit easier to read ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe there's a little problem with your server? I can't view the site for some reason :scratchhead:
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm switching servers. I'll look into whats happening.

EDIT: It's fixed at the eternalfatum.net domain. I'm still waiting for the new domain to resolve.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

banner sent.....

(and when I said big, I meant file size too.......... lol)
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Send me your link banner so I can add it up. Thanks for the reviews people.
  • Bryce
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is now at easonhosting.com. I just have the client system to integrate and to find a cheap domain reseller.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 62 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers