SITE REVIEW: eatPHPforBreakfast.com

• acaglumac
  • acaglumac

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.eatPHPforBreakfast.com This is my first website. What do you think of it?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly, the W3C Validator found 4 errors in your coding ... click here to see them ... please note that those are on the "home" page alone, please check the other pages yourself ...

Then you could really add some rollovers to the links ... and make the "home" link an image aswell ... that would help a bit in making the page look a bit better ...

Then you could also disable the link of the page that the user is on, for example if a user is on the "home" page, you could disable the "home" link and make it another colour (or rollover state) ... this way, users won't redirect to the page that they are already on and they'll know which page they are on ...

The "home" page is very very long and I don't quite understand why ... why can the page scroll down so far ... is there a reason for that?

Seeing that this is your first page as you say I think you should redo it using CSS and DIVS and not tables ... tables are old-school and not as good for SEO for your site ...

Further that that I pretty much like it ... good job
  • acaglumac
  • acaglumac

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
Firstly, the W3C Validator found 4 errors in your coding ... click here to see them ... please note that those are on the "home" page alone, please check the other pages yourself ...

Then you could really add some rollovers to the links ... and make the "home" link an image aswell ... that would help a bit in making the page look a bit better ...

Then you could also disable the link of the page that the user is on, for example if a user is on the "home" page, you could disable the "home" link and make it another colour (or rollover state) ... this way, users won't redirect to the page that they are already on and they'll know which page they are on ...

The "home" page is very very long and I don't quite understand why ... why can the page scroll down so far ... is there a reason for that?

Seeing that this is your first page as you say I think you should redo it using CSS and DIVS and not tables ... tables are old-school and not as good for SEO for your site ...

Further that that I pretty much like it ... good job

The problem with rollovers is that i know to do them only in Photoshop and I do not have it now. And i don't know how to do it other way with typing the actual java script code. About the lenght of the home page, I don't know why it's like that. I tried to change it, but it won't work. I don't have dreamweaver, i use free alternative- Kompozer which has some bugs. I can't afford right now to buy the good stuff.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

acaglumac wrote:
I don't have dreamweaver, i use free alternative- Kompozer which has some bugs. I can't afford right now to buy the good stuff.

that's why I use the ever trusty notepad for coding ...
  • Dodger_2
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

1.Your navigation moves from side to side when going from each link.

2. My HO your banner is wayyy to large.

3. Your navigation needs to be above the "Fold" http://www.motive.co.nz/glossary/fold.php

4. I would wait until the site is not under construction before asking for a review.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers