SITE REVIEW: eaw.2004.revive

• Antigen
  • Antigen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Enigma ArtWork 2004 revive.. ive been working on numerous client sites and my own site has fallen behind.. so i spent roughly a month on this so i could focus on my income making work without the thought of me not having a site of my own online..

Evrything on this site is mine and mine alone.. i have done evrything from animations to music to the digital art.

the downloads sextions are not yet online due to host bandwidth issues..

total site size 4mb
initial load 200kb
largest subpage portfolio 1,2mb

hosted by bluesfear.com

and here`s the link
http://eaw.xylophex.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow.. WOw...

wow..

wow.

Thats a very nice designed sign, looked like lots of time was placed into this, and wow, perhaps a option to turn off the sound in the site? ><
edit: nm, i didnt see it, was to cluttered, and my eyes couldnt take it all in.. :P

may I say, your site is very, um, anti Dialup :D but oh well. Very nicely done.
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a very nice site, and an awesome clean layout. But you might wanna do as Foxy suggested and put a option to turn off the sound.
10/10

[edit]// Never mind about the sound thing, I see it. Sorry. :oops: [/edit]
  • Antigen
  • Antigen

Post 3+ Months Ago

well :) when i do contract sites i have to think about the size all the time.. but when it comes to a personal portfolio i can release thoose restrictions couse people pretty much expect killer graphics and cool effects when they are looking at a portfolio..

i was hoping the clutteredness was a good thing here since i didnt have much interesting stuff to write on the site.. thus i have to keep visitor interest up by constantly introducing new features and small stuff you dont think about when your just browsing.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love it!! Very cool. The only neg I have is the size of the fonts in the menu.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow.... you use flash and photoshop all the way for that?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice, & you obviously know this so I guess I should do some nitpicking :P

The outline of your first preloader could benefit from a slightly darker color to hide the "flash rounded corners" :wink:

Kill the scratching in the Entoxia soundtrack, or at least reduce it's volume ALOT.

The rollOver mC for the music player seems to be shifted up by one pixel & boxes off on the rewind rather than following the contour.
Maybe recut the mCs so there's a 1 pixel border all the way around them & make the rewind button follow the contour.

I really like what you did with the affiliate buttons, beats the hell out of the old "greyscale swap" :D

:shock: clicking your "Return to main" causes "digital art" ot go haywire in the preview area , you might want to fix that :wink:

I like it :)
  • Antigen
  • Antigen

Post 3+ Months Ago

thnx mate :) ill see to thoose issues and thnx for all the warm comments! :) makes it all worth while
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is really good :-)

edit; oh yeah yr "http://www.mcdgossip.com/" is not working.
  • bdog01
  • bdog01

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont really like the site. the programming is amazing but it too much flash. if this site is supposed to be showcaseing your design work maybe it should be simpler. the site navigation has so much design/animation that things get really cluttered. im not a fan of the space age look. their seems to be nothing really happening on the top half of your page. maybe just make the size of the nav bar smaller. and the text bigger. also a volume control for the music would be nice. also i stopped the music playing and then i couldnt get it to start again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers