Please review our site eBooks and Software

I need your feedback / suggestions / comments about :
(1) The load time of the web site pages
(2) The design improvements
(3) color scheme
(4) content
and anythingelse related to the site.

I have shared hosting at present.
I doubt if it is causing the pages to load slowly.
Please check the pages and inform me if they are loading slowly.

I need your suggestions for improvement of the site.

Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's good to see a website with valid markup, but the CSS validator came up with one error

The load time of the website was quite fast, as expected when yours is a website that doesn't (thank heavens) use an inundation of images.

Design wise it's okay, it's good that the website has a fluid layout and expands to the size of the browser ... It could be a little better organised though, in particular that bulky navigation bar at the top (which is repeated below ... although I think just text links at the bottom would suffice). The gap between the categories in the main section of your page is a bit large, and those ads, as always, irk me. Make them disappear ... and if you can't do that put them where they don't distract the user.

The colour scheme is pretty horrid, that bright blue is very painful on the eyes (and these are young ones, imagine the reaction of some 70 year old woman trying out the internet for the first time ... :D) and that dark blue is a very generic colour ... maybe a blue with a bit more yellow in it would be better, and perhaps a very light grey to replace that cyan ... and get that yucky snot-like green off the screen before someone has a heart attack ... but ultimately it's your choice ... don't forget to choose colours that compliment each other, and that includes the background!

You might want to include some pictures too, and not just icons and fancy text ... people will lose interest quickly without pictures or a good design, and your website has neither.

As to the content, at first I didn't know what the site was about because I couldn't see the relevance between the name of the website and its content ... it confuses me slightly.

Another thing I should mention is the relevance of the site as a whole. There are quite literally thousands of other website offering the exact same thing in the exact same way, and many have better designs. What is it that makes your website any different?
  • andreas_007us
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • andreas_007us

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice and ok
  • f18nfz
  • f18nfz

Post 3+ Months Ago

(1) The load time of the web site pages - the homepage loads quite quickly - its quite simple but this is a good thing and the buttons are easy to read - the web pages generally load quite quickly and the site is quite comprehensive,
perhaps in terms of design make the topics of the ebooks simpler, like have all the icons together and as a flash animation have a mouse over animation creating sub menus to the topic, - you could have this at the top. But otherwise its fine.

Colour scheme the only problem is the light blue background its not common and not very professional looking, people usually use grey/ or a new trend is two colours together - like black and grey, but I personally like what youve done,
what you need to do thought with such a light background is to put a box around the text because they look strange without some sort of border around them.
Content seems fine, its quite comprehensive

with regards to the box on the top right you dont need the N and the E before the text boxes, looks strange.

Overall a good site, the best thing seems its content, its blue background is what makes it seem unprofessional, maybe if you used a dark blue background with waves on them the site would look better, something like this
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
It's good to see a website with valid markup, but the CSS validator came up with one error

The load time of the website was quite fast, as expected when yours is a website that doesn't (thank heavens) use an inundation of images.

Design wise it's okay, it's good that the website has a fluid layout and expands to the size of the browser ... It could be a little better organised though, in particular that bulky navigation bar at the top (which is repeated below ... although I think just text links at the bottom would suffice). The gap between the categories in the main section of your page is a bit large, and those ads, as always, irk me. Make them disappear ... and if you can't do that put them where they don't distract the user.

The colour scheme is pretty horrid, that bright blue is very painful on the eyes (and these are young ones, imagine the reaction of some 70 year old woman trying out the internet for the first time ... :D) and that dark blue is a very generic colour ... maybe a blue with a bit more yellow in it would be better, and perhaps a very light grey to replace that cyan ... and get that yucky snot-like green off the screen before someone has a heart attack ... but ultimately it's your choice ... don't forget to choose colours that compliment each other, and that includes the background!

You might want to include some pictures too, and not just icons and fancy text ... people will lose interest quickly without pictures or a good design, and your website has neither.

As to the content, at first I didn't know what the site was about because I couldn't see the relevance between the name of the website and its content ... it confuses me slightly.

Another thing I should mention is the relevance of the site as a whole. There are quite literally thousands of other website offering the exact same thing in the exact same way, and many have better designs. What is it that makes your website any different?

Hello Breeze,
Thank you for your detailed review.
I have implemented your suggestions.
- reduced the gap between the categories in the main page.
- reduced the bulky navigation bar
- replaced the dark blue color banner
- removed the ads like screenshot images on the main page

I will try to add relevant images and also try to make the content more easy to understand.

Please look again http://cbtopsites.com and suggest more improvements.
Thank you
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

f18nfz wrote:
(1) The load time of the web site pages - the homepage loads quite quickly - its quite simple but this is a good thing and the buttons are easy to read - the web pages generally load quite quickly and the site is quite comprehensive,
perhaps in terms of design make the topics of the ebooks simpler, like have all the icons together and as a flash animation have a mouse over animation creating sub menus to the topic, - you could have this at the top. But otherwise its fine.

Colour scheme the only problem is the light blue background its not common and not very professional looking, people usually use grey/ or a new trend is two colours together - like black and grey, but I personally like what youve done,
what you need to do thought with such a light background is to put a box around the text because they look strange without some sort of border around them.
Content seems fine, its quite comprehensive

with regards to the box on the top right you dont need the N and the E before the text boxes, looks strange.

Overall a good site, the best thing seems its content, its blue background is what makes it seem unprofessional, maybe if you used a dark blue background with waves on them the site would look better, something like this

hello f18nfz,
Thank you for your reply and suggestions.
- I have removed the light blue background.
- I will remove the N and E

Thanks again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers