SITE REVIEW: Educator Forum

• Phaedrus
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I'm trying to get this forum started and would like to know how it looks: http://www.educatorforum.com. I know there's not much to review because it's basically an iCGstation template, but I did create a custom logo and icon. And does anyone have any suggestions on where I could put some google ads? This template is pretty airtight.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• priyanka-m6.net
  • Student
  • Student
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Site is looking simple,neat, and well structured. I am just finding the font size little bit small. If you increase it , it will be good for viewers and which in turn will bring more viewers. All the Best :D
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, it's nice but here is a question:

Is this me, or is this a phenomena growing world-wide while I am sitting at my PC, smoking Marlboro light, drinking Budweiser and programming in ActionScript:
websites that are basically nothing more than a forum...!!!

Sorry, don't get me wrong, I love your site and the structure is probably better made than even my own site. But then again, what is the purpose of asking people for an opinion on design if the whole thing is scripted, pre-built and template-automated.

Now: If you did the whole thing on your own, then my HAT to you!

But like this, the only thing you are getting is people to visit the place and hopefully register.

And in my opinion, here is a little solution: add something to the site! Educators site? Great...!!! Add some facts page! Or some page where people can get to know what an exam looks like, or a list of schools... What's a TOEFL exam like? Anything!!!!
Like here, they have script, templates, a links page, Webmaster resources, etc, etc...

About the google ads, I would place them right on top, along the header bar...
  • Phaedrus
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Abelius wrote:
OK, it's nice but here is a question:

Is this me, or is this a phenomena growing world-wide while I am sitting at my PC, smoking Marlboro light, drinking Budweiser and programming in ActionScript:
websites that are basically nothing more than a forum...!!!

That's a very insightful comment. And yes, it's a growing trend. But I have an ulterior motive! I'm soon going to have a product which I want to market to teachers. How can I find a place to plug my product to my target audience? Build one! It's part of my business plan. And, I believe linking the two sites to each other will help in the search engine rankings. I'm going to start a network of related sites. That was an excellent question.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, as I said: As long as the thing is not "naked" in there, all good! I do like the design!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers